- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Towers at Mullet Bay
Posted by: scotch (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 01, 2007 02:16PM

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the Towers??????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Towers at Mullet Bay
Posted by: WWII (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2007 07:13PM

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 01, 2007 07:20PM

scotch,

I have to tell you, much as I love those ladies, they're horrible for answering their e-mails. If you don't hear from them, send again and if all else fails, call.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: CRS (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 03, 2007 07:55PM

Try this phone # 1800-235-5889 thats to the ffront desk. Hope it helps.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 05, 2007 09:22PM

Pat...please allow me to disagree, Either Rachell and Maggie (reservationists) have returned my e-mails within 24 hours, I've been dealing with them concerning an in-house exchange...back and forth for a couple of weeks now. Try them again....you may be surprised. They are slowily moving out of the "dark ages"and realize the computer is far cheaper than the telephone !!! Cheers, spike

Date: March 06, 2007 10:18PM

Spike,

It seems regarding their e-mails they go in spits and spurts. I finally gave up after 3-4 e-mails and called direct - had to do the expensive one because the 800# was down - but I spoke with Rochelle and Maggie both along with Larry and I guess the reason they hadn't gotten back was because one of them was on vacation and the other one was feeling overwhelmed. Profuse apologies on their part. And it wasn't really the end of the world - or at least it wasn't until I got my phone bill for the two direct calls!! But ultimately I was able to get the information I needed and that was all that really mattered.

BTW, were you aware of their moratorium on sales? Not sure what that means but I'm hoping it bodes well for all of us. I'm going to send you a private message about that.

Respectfully,

pat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2007 02:11PM by pat.

Posted by: Sue (72.10.105.---)
Date: March 07, 2007 10:14AM

Pat- I returned from our annual trip 2/23. What I gathered from my lucky friends who stay 6 weeks on the island is that the moratorium means they want to have those units available to rent through arrangements they have with travel agents, etc- I guess they make more money that way than selling them outright. I also heard there are rumors about an assessment in the works to upgrade the property- rumors had management waiting until they see what happens with the Atrium lawsuit.

Re: Towers at Mullet Bay & rental car info
Posted by: Kris (---.msp1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: March 10, 2007 05:50PM

Pat-

Oh I hope you read this message board today. You gave me the rental car company to use, Bruce was his name that got back to me...But I lost the e-mail info. Can you help...I leave in the morning @ 7am...

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2007 07:40PM

I think it is bruce@sintmaarten.net

Re: Towers at Mullet Bay & rental car info
Date: March 10, 2007 11:13PM

Kris,

Barbara gave you the correct information - Lesley Bruce at Kennys Car Rental Company or - as Barbara said - bruce@sintmaarten.net

Don't get too worked up about it because if Bruce gave you a confirmation I'm sure he'll be there waiting as you leave the airport.

Have a great trip and relax and enjoy yourself.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: kris (---.msp1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: April 04, 2007 12:12AM

Pat-

Thanks, and you were correct. Leslie was waiting even though the flight was late...Great tip!

But Pat, The Towers, sorry, there are some issues the owners might wnat to look at for future enjoyment.

1- Staff...not available hardly at all except timeshare typical check in and out. And not friendly...oh, unless you have cash in your hand.

2- I always cook or tidey up my unit while on holiday, but the quality of linnens and sheets were so awful I absolutely was appaulaed. I am not a snobby high thread count person, but fitting and clean...yes! Not the case at the Towers.

3-The hightened implication at this resort about theaft was horrible. I felt like the entire place was filled with questionavle folk and punative staff. By the way,I do resent inventory of kitchenware while on vacation...hello can the staff perhaps handle that issue, since we all pay a $50.00 tax at the end of our stay...?

4- Pool and pool bar...simple is good, friendly is better.

SO, despite an incredible island, with a great resort location,,,,the resort forgot that we, the customer will make or break it. And all of us, high hopes and simple hopes, like to be smiled at, and appreciated for patornage. Because gosh darn, I smiled the entire 10 days I was there just because I was there to not worry.

Pat, help your Towers move into positive $ potential and quiet luxary.

Mullet Bay Beach does Rock!

Kristina

Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 04, 2007 08:08AM

kristina - wow that doesnt sound like the place I was at in november! I do agree with you about the linens - bottom line, they suck!!! almost twenty years and have never had any issues with employees not being friendly, hope this isnt a sign of the times. They have been having you double check your inventory since the beginning, sure its a pain, but more of a checks and balances thing, the 50.00 tax has nothing to do with it, that goes to the govt. Where did they talk about safety and theft? At the Monday meeting, or at checkin or were there notes in your room? Are you saying the guests were kind of shady or the employees them selves???

Leaving in 6 days and as an owner, a little concerned!

Date: April 04, 2007 08:39PM

Kristina,

I'm glad Lesley was there waiting, as I knew he would be. He is absolutely the best and we so enjoy being able to get our car at the airport and being on our way without the need for other stops as is the usual way on St. Maarten.

Not to say it wasn't the case but personally, I can't imagine the staff at The Towers being either unavailable or unfriendly as this has never been our personal experience. The Front Desk is manned, 24/7 and we've had to call maintenance once or twice at odd hours and there has always been someone available so I'm not sure what staff you're speaking about.

Kim has issues over the quality of the sheets and bed linens but it's just something I've never thought or worried about but I do not, can not and will not believe the sheets were 'dirty'. And if they were, I would have raised merry HELLo over it. Old? Probably. Ill fitting? Sure! They use flat sheets instead of the fitted types that most have come to accept so I could see where that might be an issue to some. The bath linens have always been pure white, thick, fluffy and more than plentiful so I just can't imagine what went wrong or how you ended up with dirty linens.

Inventory is for the renter's protection and the one and only time we ever exchanged to another property we had to do the same thing so I've just accepted it as part of timesharing. I'd rather spend ten minutes checking the list and know everything is there than be charged for breakage or loss at checkout time for something that wasn't there in the first place.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say about theft but I will say the staff, for the most part, is the same staff that's been there since the property opened and I leave jewelry and money in my room all the time and have never lost a dime so I have no problems with this.

It doesn't sound like you enjoyed your stay at The Towers and I'm sorry to hear that. We'll be going down soon and I will certainly bring a copy of your post and question the manager about it because it shouldn't happen to any guest, be it an owner or an exchange, and as an owner who has always enjoyed my Caribbean home away from home I'd really like to know what's going on and why, although I'm thinking there's not too much we can do about the way management runs the property.

Hopefully your future travels will be better ones and more enjoyable all the way around.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: WWII (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 04, 2007 09:27PM

I was at the towers for week 10. Staff seemed the same to me. I detected no unfriendliness. I'm not very demanding. The sheets have never been an issue for me, but I'm a guy, so I'm oblivious to a lot.

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: April 05, 2007 09:27AM

Hey all-

We have stayed at many timeshare trades over the past 20 years or so. All that I have ever stayed at have the inventory sheet. Pat's right. It's for the owners protection.

And in the half dozen places I've stayed in SXM, they don't have fitted sheets anywhere. And new sheets? Don't even have them at home! LOL

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |