The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Wave runners/jet skis rentals
Posted by: ken (---.hag.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 11, 2007 12:01AM

Best place in Simspon Bay to rent them. Any one have an opinion? And a round a bout cost of doing so?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wave runners/jet skis rentals
Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 11, 2007 02:37PM

ken,

Since you haven't had any other takers let me suggest that, while I'm definitely not saying they aren't available there, I've personally never noticed them for rent in the Simpson Bay area itself. Years ago there was a concession in the lagoon in the Simpson Bay area but I haven't even noticed that of late. Is it possible the creation of the huge yacht basin there has something to do with this?

I know I saw them a few years ago in the Nettle Bay area and definitely for rent on Orient Beach and I know there used to be rentals available at the water sports center in the old Mullet Bay Resort just down the driveway from The Towers, but again, that's been gone perhaps ten to fifteen years.

Good luck in your quest - I know they're out there somewhere because we frequently see them going past Friar's Bay and heading into Happy Bay.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Re: Wave runners/jet skis rentals
Posted by: pasnyder (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: February 11, 2007 09:50PM

If you can't find a place in Simpson Bay, Rollin and his wife Norma rent them on the beach in Phillipsburg. Years ago Rollin and Norma rented chairs and cooked food at Cupecoy. Then they opened a wave runner business on Orient, and moved it over to P'burg. They are great people.

Pauline

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |