The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Karibuni Restaurant / Kakao Beach Restaurent
Posted by: toni (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2007 10:54AM

I just received my February issue of Conde Nast - Traveler

anyone ever been to Karibuni Restaurant (Ilet Pinel) or Kakao Beach Resturant ?
please give me details

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Karibuni Restaurant / Kakao Beach Restaurent
Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 06:57PM

I have been to Kakao. It's on Orient, and quite nice. We had lunch there, and I really enjoyed the Salade Nicoise. I can't remember what my husband had, but I do remember that he enjoyed his meal too. The tables are separated; each table is in its own little gazebo like arrangement. Nice!

Posted by: Cruisin' (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 07:56PM

How would you get to this place from the cruise ship docks ?

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 10:22PM

Take a cab and go direct...set a time and a place for him to pick you up for return to the dock. Simple as that.

Posted by: riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 26, 2007 09:04AM

Karibuni Rest. on Pinel isle has great ribs, lobster, chicken etc. has a nice ambiance and they treat you well. no cards they deal in cash only.

accessable by motor boat ferry service that seats about 20 people.
cost is about $7.00 round trip per person. last boat leaves pinel for shore at 4:00PM. accessable by taxi.

Kakoa beach is our family's favorite spot. we eat at their restaurant frequently. their salads are really good. i order the nicoise also.
their pastas are delecious. pizzas too. they have great drinks and daily specials. have a huge lobster tank with fresh lobster. lemon tarts. service is great.

trivia: Philipe (beach chair person) spends days off at Pinel Isle.

Riptide

Posted by: Doc (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2007 08:57PM

IMO Kakao has the best food and ambience on Orient Beach. The smoked duck breast and goat cheese salad is fantastic. The pizzas are excellent as well. Feel safe ordering any of the daily specials. they are frequently the best option on the entire menu- usually something like shrimp and scallop brochettes or leg of lamb. Antoher tip is to ask to reserve a table when arriving at the beach for the day. TYhis way, they'll save a table right on the beach for you.

Karibuni is great as well. The lobsters are good, but too pricey with the Euro upcharge. Better to get any type of fish. The trunk fish and the wahoo are excellent.

Posted by: linda (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2007 11:02AM

Is Kakao open for dinner in April?
What do they charge for exchange rate against the US dollar?

Posted by: carolth (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 30, 2007 11:38AM

really enjoy the beach and restaurant there but food is a bit pricey (more than $8 us for a burger) dont know if they are open for dinner

Posted by: Riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2007 12:14PM

Google Kakao,
it has a web site with photos of the restaurant, a map and menu photos. it also has a free drink coupon.

Riptide

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2007 06:04AM

To us, Kakao is the best place on Orient. We always rent chairs and have lunch there. Love the setting of their restaurant.

Posted by: Liz (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: February 10, 2007 04:21PM

Karibuni is amazing - have the lobster. I think that Conde Naste was correct in their assessment.

Posted by: fabila (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 17, 2007 07:45PM

Bikini Beach Bar is open for dinner about 9/10 months out of the year. Baywatch hosts private parties every now and again and will be open for dinner. Both Kon Tiki and Boo Boo Jams have Sunday night parties but I do not think they offer dinner.

We like Waikiki the best for comfort and service on Orient. They cater a lot to the French who tend to have larger meals at lunch time so we order what they are having a lot of the times and sometimes off there great menu. My husband has them make omelets for him in the morning and it's always served with a salad and bread on a plate with real utensils. We like that they bring over a big wood table and give you real silverware and glasses, not plastic. They do not do euro for dollar but for us the ambience and service are worth the price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2007 07:48PM by fabila.

Posted by: tt (---.msn.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 01:49PM

dont leave out le pirate and chez leander on orient. probably the two best buys for your buck

Posted by: TW (---.ncr.com)
Date: March 14, 2007 09:33PM

If you had 8 hours to spend on St. Martin, which of these two restaurants would you go to and how would you spend your day? I would like to go to the Karibuni restaurant but is it very convenient if we also wanted to go to the Orient beach? Thanks!

Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2007 05:03PM

I don't know anything about Karibuni, but Kakao is right on Orient Beach, so if that's where you want to go it would be an excellent place to have lunch. I'll be there two weeks from today!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |