The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Attention Sapphire Timeshare Owners-Important!!
Posted by: Louise (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:46PM

I am looking for any way to inform more Sapphire owners of what Gerry is trying to do for us regarding this assessment fee. Are there any other web sites to go to regarding our issue at Sapphire? If anyone of you that reads this website, please pass along the information regarding the pending assessment fee and what we as owners can try to do to stop them developers from imposing these fees on us. That is why Gerry is trying to retain an attorney, but the word needs to get out to the owners. Help is needed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:20PM

Louise....I suggested to Gerry that he try the TTOL website ( www.traveltalkonline.com ). I noticed that he posted on it today. Hopefully, we will be able to get more added to the list.
We haven't paid the Special Assessment and don't intend to. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can fight this atrocity. Seems more and more TS are requesting the Special Assessments.

Posted by: Riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 09:44AM

would like to know if you are being asked to foward your assessment increase to a North Carolina company?
Festiva (Atrium) is headquarted in N.C. and Divi MGt.has a P.O.Box IN N.C..

Riptide

Posted by: Tom Parker (---.bbr1.shentel.net)
Date: February 17, 2007 03:30PM

We have recently purchased two timeshares at Saphire Beach. The Lease document Terms and Conditions make no provision for special assessments. Can anyone tell me whether they have recieved their special assessments as a long term lease holder, or are the special assessments being levied against owner/deed holders?

Date: February 17, 2007 06:22PM

We own 2 timeshare weeks at Sapphire. We got our Special Assessment and refuse to pay it. We also received our Annual Maintenance which we will pay. I do hope you join the bandwagon with Gerry H and sign up for the class action against the Sapphire in re to the Special Assessment. A lawyer has been retained. No $s asked as of yet but will 'donate' if necessary to fight this.

Posted by: PJP (---.tidewater.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 09:23PM

The requested donation is $50 per week , per unit. Sounds reasonable to us.

Date: February 24, 2007 07:52AM

Jerry Hertzenberg is asking $50 per week/unit to assist in this litigation. I don't think that is a unreasonable request. My understanding is that what the Sapphire and the others are doing (Special Assessment) is not legal.
An attorney on island has been hired to represent the Sapphire Owners.

Posted by: Tom White (---.ded.pacbell.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 03:56PM

I own 2 weeks, I think they need to be held accountable for every dollar they have put in their pocket and screwed us out of! Count me in.

Posted by: brian healey (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 03, 2007 04:07PM

Let me understand $ 50.00 .....for what ? and what is next ..$ 100.00 ..next year , followed by $ 200.00 ......Guess what the laywers want a piece of the action .They will get rich too ......Be carefull ..how long did the Mullet Bay take ...10 years ? Also remember if you don't pay your yearly fees you can't trade thru Rci ....just my thoughts ..no disrepect for what course you take ..

Posted by: Louise (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2007 09:23AM

I say thank you Gerry for what you are doing. Thank goodness there are people like you out there to make a stand and stick to it. We all know lawyers have fees, but I consider this to be a very worthwhile venture in hopes of helping thousands who own timeshares and have to fork over much more monies for expenses the timeshare contractors and developers do not have to be accountable for. I urge everyone to pitch in. We all love St. Maarten and want to continue to go there but it could become unaffordable to each and everyone of us for the sake of the developers greed. Sure they probably think they can resell the units, but is this a fair and responsbile action? NO. Thank you, Gerry, thank you for trying to help.

Posted by: Cynthia (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2011 05:55PM

I have just joined the forum...so forgive me if this is an old topic....

I tried to email Jerry Hertzenberg but the email address is not working. I am trying to find out what the status of this Assessment issue is. If anyone has any knowledge on the matter or has current contact information for Jerry, I would appreciate having it.

Thanks,
Cynthia

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2011 08:50AM

You might want to check the date of the previous post.........

Date: March 14, 2011 09:26AM

Bottom line.........we lost, Sapphire won!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |