The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WESTIN ST MARTIN
Posted by: cool (---.188.131.230.ppp.northrock.bm)
Date: December 13, 2006 11:38PM

Westin hotel`s opening is SCHEDULED for 13th December..Did they open it today or the construction still going on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2006 12:11AM

Well,they're obviously way behind schedule, what's new.

I think everyone will be surprised at how good it looks when it's completed. Landscaping makes a gigantic difference, and that's the last thing to be done.

Even a few days from the opening date there'll a big difference in appearance from when a project like this is cleaned up and totally finished. I've seen plenty of examples of this sort of thing with hotel projects in Vegas, and they're all pretty much a mess right down until the end.

This big property obviously ruins the remote-like nature of Dawn Beach, however, but there's nothing that can be done about that. Check out the room rates, unbelievable.

Ed

Posted by: Beachwife (---.rockynet.com)
Date: December 14, 2006 08:10AM

Unless they plan on landscaping the flat roofs you won't notice any difference to the warehouse appearance of the entire complex.

They could give me a room for free and I would never stay there. Yes, the remoteness of this valley has been ruined but one good hurricane will restore that.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: December 14, 2006 08:56AM

Beachwife. One can only hope.

Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 15, 2006 12:24AM

Seriously doubt it'll look like a warehouse. Unless you just look it from a balloon.

And why would anyone want to see the hotel to be destroyed by a hurricane? All the villas etc. would also be destroyed, not to mention the beach itself.

Plus, the hotel would probably be in ruins for sometime and that wouldn't help the beach experience, if there's a beach at all.

Ed

Posted by: mcinnamon (---.dsl.ipltin.ameritech.net)
Date: December 15, 2006 02:28PM

In a couple of years the whining about the Westin will be over and it will be one more beautiful addition to the island. We've been staying on Dawn Beach for years and as much as I miss Scavengers and the empty beach, I appreciate the fact the Westin development isn't a high rise. We were there two weeks ago and when they're finished with everything, it will look great.

mc

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 17, 2006 05:32PM

Just back.........HUGE place, absolutely filling up the "valley" that washed out the Dawn Beach resort back whenever-95 maybe? Looks like another wash out waitng to happen to me...built right on the ground in that flood zone.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |