The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Hotel Opinion
Posted by: Ginna (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2006 08:07PM

Family of four, parents and 23 year old son, 15 year old daughter, looking for comments regarding villas on Great Bay and the Bel-Air Beach Hotel. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hotel Opinion
Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 12:24PM

Ones a hotel, Great Bay, and I don't think the timeshare part is done yet so youd be in a hotel room which would be close, no? Its a good place and value for the money. The others a timeshare and would be my preferance cause it has its own balcony overlooks the beach and water and has a kitchen facility. Only drawback is second bedroom is small. I love Belair but both are reasonabe priced choices.

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 12:35PM

I agree with Anon about Belair, we love it there. Not to confuse things, but Great Bay Hotel is not 'The villas on Great Bay',which are nice. I have never been, but have read about people liking it there.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: annie (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 02:00PM

Ginna...we just got back from five weeks on the island and stayed at the Villas on Great Bay. We have stayed there five or six times and are very happy with them. If you have a son and a daughter won't they need separate bedrooms? The Villas are all two bedroom/two bath with either king or queen size beds in the bedrooms. They are two story with the bedrooms and one bath on the second floor. I do know that the villa we stayed in did have a collapsible cot/bed.

Annie

Posted by: Ginna (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2006 10:48PM

Thanks for your reply - we're only staying there 3 nights after chartering a sailboat for a week. How is the beach there?

Posted by: Az Guy (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: November 25, 2006 01:43PM

The beach in front of Belair is very nice. It is an easy walk down to Divi where you can rent wet bikes and the sort.

~~ Once you've slept on an island, you'll never be the same ~~
2008 St Maarten Pics

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |