- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Posted by: Lori (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 06:58AM

I can't remember if Oyster Bay has the timeshare tax and the charge for air conditioning or just the air conditioning charge?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Posted by: mcinnamon (68.20.130.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 04:30PM

Both.

Posted by: learch (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 01:18AM

Charge for AC??? Are you serious?? Do all the hotels do this? that is terrible!!

Posted by: Lori (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2006 06:41AM

Does anyone remember what the air conditioning charge is? We have a 2 bedroom?
Thanks

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: December 25, 2006 02:26AM

$5./day for a Studio, $7./day for a 1 bedroom, $12./day for 2 bedroom. units.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 26, 2006 02:41PM

Norm,

Just out of idle curiosity do they charge perdiem for all guests or do they have some means of monitoring whether or not the a/c is utilized on a given day?

Respectfully,

pat

:-) :-)

Posted by: mcinnamon (68.20.130.---)
Date: December 28, 2006 12:04PM

pat,

You decide at check-in whether you want a/c or not. If you want it, they give you the remote control needed to operate it. I suppose one could add it or give it back mid week if they changed their mind. Once you have the remote, you're paying the daily fee whether you use it or not.

mc

Date: December 28, 2006 08:00PM

Thanks, mc, for the answer. I have heard some places charged for ac but I never quite 'got' how that worked. We have a/c at our timeshare but you use it or not at your own discretion without incurring additional expense. Personally, I prefer the breezes through the windows whenever possible but there are times when you've just got to have the a/c cranked.

Again, thanks for the response.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 28, 2006 10:35PM

Pat, As mentioned, You decide when you checkin whether you want ac or not. If not, they switch off circuit breakers for ac. Would guess you could always change your choice after a day or two.
Rooms that overlook Dawn Beach get the afternoon sun and really require AC. Marina view 1 and 2 bedroom rooms have a window(s) that allow for that cross breeze that you mention. AC might not be as important.

Date: December 29, 2006 06:07PM

And thank you, too, Norm. Our timeshare is at The Towers and a/c is included so every time I've heard people talk about the additional charges for this I never quite understould how it was handled. Thanks again for the information and have a wonderful holiday.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 30, 2006 07:54PM

Hey Pat, do you really think we have A/C at The Towers? I think it's more a "swamp cooler"...we dump up to two full dehumidifer buckets daily...not what I call conditioned air.

Date: December 31, 2006 01:27PM

Spike,

In all honesty, for the most part we keep the sliders in the livingroom and the screen doors in both bedrooms open most of the time, taking full advantage of the beautiful cross ventilization the upper floors have on our side of the building, so while I'm not an a/c expert, the suite is usually cool in the afternoon when we want it to be and that's all I've ever really cared about.

I think my husband may have emptied the dehumidifier bucket but I don't recall him citing it as much of a big deal so I never really thought about it myself.

But yes, I would consider our unit to be air-conditioned and my original point was, we don't have to pay extra for whatever it is we have that makes the place comfortable and that's why I was inquiring as to how the system worked at places that charge seperately.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 31, 2006 11:05PM

Pat, We're 707...what unit is yours?

Date: January 01, 2007 10:05AM

Spike,

We're 709 and apparently just a few doors away from you. I don't know why there appears to be such a difference but perhaps it's the additional benefit of the slider and screen door in the second bedroom. We've never experienced any difficulty with a/c. My daughter has her weeks in one of the three bedroom penthouses and she has expressed a/c issues in the upstairs bedrooms which would make sense to me given the sun beats on those roofs all day from every direction. Do you think the difference in the time of year (we always go March or April??) might have any bearing on our obviously different experiences?

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Mark (216.124.79.---)
Date: January 03, 2007 10:14AM

My wife and I are going to be staying at Oyster Bay Resort next June for our 25th anniversary and we exchanged a 2 bedroom timeshare and got an efficiency because that is all they had avaliable and they said one might not open before then. Does anyone know if the efficiencies are nice and have some space?

Mark

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |