The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

chanel sunglasses
Posted by: fahsionista (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2006 11:39PM

Do you think that the designer sunglasses are less on the island? We don't have any sales tax in our state so that doesn't matter, but just wondering if ther is a good place to buy AUTHENTIC sunglasses. Particularly Chanel or Dolce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chanel sunglasses
Posted by: IrinaL (---.7.33.230.caribserve.net)
Date: October 19, 2006 12:12PM

Yes you can get authentic Chanel on the French side at the optic shop behind BDLG.
Cheers
irina

Posted by: fashionista (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2006 06:02PM

Do you think that they are less here in the states or the same price?

Posted by: jmasons (---.cros.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 02:18PM

i don't know about chanel glasses but i can tell you last year i had a pair of maui jims stolen out of my locked car at the royal palm / and decided i needed to replace them while i was on the island (stupid me) i shopped around for the best price and the best i could find was 326.00 for the same pair i paid 265.00 in ohio / oh well us people in ohio are nice (but just not very smart sometimes)

Posted by: IrinaL (---.7.33.230.caribserve.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 06:10PM

Fashionista,
I don't know how bad you want them or where you live or anything. Price was good several years ago ( I was living in NYC) but with the euro so strong against the dollar, I don't know anymore. That shop was expensive to begin with.
You will just have to go there and see! Price them at home first and be aware that you may not find the same styles as in the USA.
Cheers
irina

Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 09:08PM

You can't get Maui Jims at a discount anywhere, even in Maui!! My husband bought a pair there a couple of years ago, and they told him the price was never discounted anywhere, except in Maui and then only to Hawaiian residents. But aren't they just the best sunglasses anywhere?! I love mine...have two pairs!

Posted by: Neil Rooney (Moderator)
Date: October 20, 2006 09:17PM

Maui Jim at Budget Nautique next to Saratoga Restaurant in Simpson Bay Yacht Club Complex.

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Date: October 20, 2006 11:19PM

I wanted to get a style (Chanel) that is not offered in the US...I have serveral pairs, but are common everywhere. I usually treat myself to a pair there, but wasn't sure if there was a good place (that I didn't know about) to get some. I just got them at a shop in Marigot and paid $346US for a Gucci last year.

Posted by: Todd (64.62.21.---)
Date: October 23, 2006 06:03PM

Broke my $265 titanium MJ's well after a year of use, sent them back into MJ as instructed with my $8.95 for S&H and the details of when/where I bought them (no receipt) and they fixed them and sent them back(got them today) as new with no further cost to me.
No substitue for the quality of the product and the quality of the company.
Todd

Date: October 23, 2006 11:32PM

toddd What does that have to do with Chanel sunglasses? I just want this desinger, not MJ's whatever those are!!! Did you buy them in Sta martin? If so, where, maybe they have Chanel too??!!!!

Posted by: Todd (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 12:10AM

My reply was to jmasons, probably not much to do with Chanel other than you should consider the comfort of MJ's. I did not purchase in St Maarten, although I did look at some while on Front Street.

My guess is like MJ's, Oakleys, and many others Chanel does not discount anywhere. IF you want a bargain I would suggest something like ebay, not sure you will find any new styles for any brand that you can not find on the company website, other than older styles that you can find on ebay.

Good luck on your search,
T

Posted by: Bonnie (---.amer.csc.com)
Date: October 24, 2006 06:48AM

To answer one of your questions you can get designs in St Martin that are not available in the US. I purchase my eyeglass frames and normally get a new pair of sunglasses every few years. As far as prices go vs the US, I really don't know but will be able to compare this year as i have my eye on a pair of Chanel that I seen at the local mall and will be able to compare prices, I will report back.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |