The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Next visit
Posted by: biturbo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 14, 2006 09:37PM

Going back in April, '07. Anyone ever stayed at Les Balcones, in Oyster Pond? I know it's 6 months away, but we really like what we see on their web site, particularly the view, the location and the price, and we want to make sure the best units are available on our dates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Next visit
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: October 16, 2006 08:42AM

Love it, love it, love it!

We're timeshare folks two trips a year, but for our bonus winter trip, Les Balcons is the place for us. You won't believe it for the price! Carine and David keep the place spotless! Most of the bungalows have been recently renovated. They are fully equipped with kitchen etc. The bed is the most comfortable I have slept in on the island and the views from the balcony are incredible. The only thing not supplied are beach towels. You can order fresh baked goods to be delivered in the am.

We were concerned about the location - as we like to be in Simpson Bay in the evenings. But it worked out great. Dingy Dock is a great little bar/restaurant within walking distance. Good food and a great happy hour. For a really nice treat, you can also walk to Tabba Khady. A really nice meal. 10 mins to Orient, 10 mins to P'burg.

Go for it.

We'll be back there in January.

Date: October 16, 2006 06:53PM

Thank you Elaine, we've read nothing but positive things on four different web sites. We e-mailed David & Corine with several questions and they gave us a quick and friendly reply. We've already made reservations and sent deposit for a 10 night stay arriving Apr. 16. Originally, we wanted to go in Jan., but had to delay till Apr. (6 months from today). Again, thanks for sharing your island knowledge.

Date: October 17, 2006 11:49AM

That's great! Have a wonderful time.

Posted by: notanlines (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2006 04:59PM

Have stayed here before and had a nice time. Going back in 2 weeks again, but staying at the new villas they now have. Can't go wrong with David or Carine. Area is quiet and close to most things you need.

Date: October 18, 2006 02:06PM

We've stayed in a number of areas on the island, but never oyster pond. We like the location, can't wait to take in the view while having breakfast, or maybe some tap 5 thin crust w/wine at dinnertime. Plus close to OB, and several favorite restaurants.

Date: October 18, 2006 02:43PM

And they now have free WIFI access at Reception! Very nice addition.

Posted by: brenda krampert (12.180.135.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 04:21PM

I love this location - we've returned three times. It is spotless, Carine and David are so accomodating!

I have lost the link to their web site, and need to book my next trip - can anyone help?

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 05:04PM

Link

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: eilea (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 11:23PM

make sure that you check out the pigs swimming in Oyster Pond when you stay there!

Date: November 09, 2006 04:14PM

Elaine--we were told that we should make our reservation deposit by check or traveler's check. We mailed our check (U.S. airmail) over 3 weeks ago, but it hasn't yet arrived. Is this a normal thing?

Date: November 09, 2006 04:56PM

Don't know. I always fed-x it. But I think getting snail mail to the island is VERY slow.

Re: new reservation
Posted by: prestige travel (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 27, 2006 04:52PM

i am looking for a email address or fax for the les balcones hotel i have 3
clients that are requesting a room for feb 08-11, 2007 three men that are yachting for 7 nites. the reviews look great thanking you in advance patricia arens cafaro presiden

Date: November 28, 2006 09:01AM

The link is posted above, but here it is again

www.lesbalcons.com

Date: November 29, 2006 05:21PM

It took three weeks exactly, but Carine received our deposit, and promptly acknowledged. I would recommend anyone not making reservations far enough in advance, to follow Elaine's advice and Fed EX it.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |