The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Atrium newsletter 200% assessment
Posted by: scipionimo (---.adsl.proxad.net)
Date: December 20, 2006 01:15PM

I am a french owner in the Atrium Resort and I refuse to pay this assessment
Ihave join an association in France who is ADCSTP www.tempspartage.org (help consumer).I don't know if you have others French owners in your phorum but I'm very interested by the possible legal recourse .
Thanks
JYB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scipionimo (---.adsl.proxad.net)
Date: December 20, 2006 01:18PM

I am a french owner in the Atrium Resort and I refuse to pay this assessment
Ihave join an association in France who is ADCSTP www.tempspartage.org (help consumer).I don't know if you have others French owners in your forum but I'm very interested by the possible legal recourse .
Thanks
JYB

Posted by: Riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 20, 2006 05:07PM

sir,

our group is expanding exponentially.

please contact RowieP@aol.com.

we ( you) owners have a web site.
it is ; AtriumOwners.com

Posted by: Rowboat (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 12, 2007 04:24PM

Atrium Litigation update. Today our Attorney Monique Hofman went to court on our injunction. As per our agreement with Atrium/Festiva's attorney J.Veen on Wednesday that no owners would be locked out, as long as the case was before the court, for non payment of the special assessment or increase in maintenance fees above the contractual NA CPI, the case was postponed until January 26.

To date we have 185 owners signed on to the litigation and we represent over 300 unit weeks. For more information visit our website: www.atriumowners.com

Thanks to this forum and others websites we have gathered a group of owners willing to protect our leaseholder rights.

Rowie & Pat Percoco

Posted by: jane pedlow (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: January 23, 2007 05:06PM

My husband and I own 4 weeks and have since the building was built. We are at the Atrium every December. We see no need for new furniture or upgrading. The new TV's in the lounge are totally inappropriate. High speed internet would be nice. The fee increase is illegal by Dutch law and the enormous additional fee is shocking. I have the Daily Herald article about the delay of the hearing and wonder what we do next? Who is in charge of the rebelling owners.

Jane in BC, Canada

Date: January 25, 2007 05:03PM

jane,

your sentments are shared by the all of us. to join the group log on to AtriumOwners.com.. you will be the 200th owner added to the list.

Regards,

Riptide

Exorbitant Transfer Fee
Posted by: Stu Maslin (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 11:25PM

I'm currently in process of selling our Atrium unit in a private sale and was informed by Melissa Fleming at the Atrium Sales Dept that they charge a Ownership Timeshare transfer fee of $500.00 !!
Has anyone had this experience, and does anyone have a suggestion on how to fight this obscenely high fee?
Thanks,
Stu Maslin
SMaslin204@comcast.net

Posted by: Rosemary (---.174.91.149.Dial1.Providence1.Level3.net)
Date: February 06, 2007 01:18PM

I'm interested in how you people have made out regarding assements at Atrium because I own at Divi and just received a letter of assessment. Unlike your letter they are offering membership in a Vacation Club as an option OR to stay as we are and pay assessment---a fee which they have not set as of yet---. We have been asked to choose to remain as we are and will be notified of fees or take the Club option by March 15th 2007.

Posted by: Rowboat (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 06, 2007 03:06PM

Rosemary,

We have an agreement with Festiva/Atrium that covers all the litigants, No one will be locked out, No assessment is due, No increase in fees above the contractual amount as long as the injunction is still active in the court. We agreed to put the injunction on hold. festiva says they will petition the court to change our contract so they can collect assessments and maintenance above the NA CPI

Articles in the Herald:

[www.thedailyherald.com]

Re: Exorbitant Transfer Fee
Date: February 06, 2007 10:00PM

Rosemary,
would you know if the Divi marketing company, located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is afiliated with Festiva Resorts?

Riptide

Posted by: Tanya (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 11:13PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I joined the Festiva Vacation Club in November and these people seem to be serious scam artists. They can never be reached. If you get a voice mail they don't call back. They lied in their presentation speech. I am so upset that I invested money in this. They actually told me they had no maintenance fees!! They were talking bad about timeshares and their fees and how they weren't a timeshare. Anyways I've been researching and they have a few lawsuits pending and a ton of Better Business Bureau complaints. Soon they will have one more complaint in my name.

Posted by: Rip (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 10, 2007 12:37AM

if you were to file a complaint with the North Carolina Attorney General's office you could make your voice heard. the complaints their must total in the hundreds.

while on vacation in sxm i was informed that a salesman pressured a lady so much into buying that she was brought to tears. first she informed him that she was hungry and needed to have lunch. he wouldn't release her. she then told that she had hunger pangs and left. i was told this by a former timeshare saleslady having lunch at Picante.

isn't it great that the internet provides us with so much information.
you can learn alot about these companies through simple research.

i believe that the suit that you are citing is by the Missouri Attourney Gen. and refered to on the Tex A.G's website.

Rip

Posted by: Susan Peterson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 17, 2007 10:25AM

We have paid the assessment. Other timeshares we own have raised fees and charged special assessments .... not to this level but then, we paid more for the Atrium weeks. We have thought for some time that the furniture and appliances needed to be upgraded. I'll admit that the big tv would not have been my priority, but I was glad to hear that there would be new furniture. It certainly was a big deal to get a big bill like that at Christmas time but we would like to see the Atrium remain a comfortable, well-maintained resort that we can continue to visit and to bring friends and family to without apologies.

Posted by: Douglas Behrmann (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 18, 2007 11:35AM

.rowie p we would like to join the group against the accessment increase at the atium. we own one week and would like to help with legal fees. please send us an update of what has taken place and also who we should contact about sending legal fees support.

DOUGLAS AND ESTHER

Posted by: Donna Parrish (---.207-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2007 09:58AM

Susan,
My husband and I have owned 3 wks in a one bdrm since 1999. We go every year and have also used free weeks to go in October. In addition, we own 2 weeks at the Marriot Ocean Club in Aruba and subsequently know how a timeshare resort should be managed. (We elect officers to represent us, budgets are provided, issues are addressed, and everything is out in the open)

We love St. Maarten and the Atrium and also agree that furnishings and softgoods need replacing. However, allowing Festiva to breach our contract would set a precedent for them to continue that practice in the future. Festiva has been involved with sales at the Atrium for several years, so they were fully aware of contracts and resort conditions there when they purchased in 2005. Anyone involved in making a purchase of this magnitude would certainly negotiate a price that would take these things into consideration. It would be less than intelligent to do otherwise.

We are not at all comfortable with Festiva's method of handling sales or management of the resort. Our main concern, resulting in our joining the litigation against them, is that these assessments would only be the beginning. If you read their addition to the "Atrium Rules and Regulations", they openly state we will be subjected to assessments every year for any shortfall, including the failure of others to pay maintenance and assessment fees. They knew our contracts did not allow for assessments, so it was a feeble attempt on their part to try to tie Rules and Regulations to our contract.

In addition, Item 12 of our contracts states they are responsible for maintaining the resort, so if they don't, they are in breach of our contract and can be taken to court for that also.

Just for the record, we have been married for 39 years and this is the first time my husband or I have EVER been involved in a lawsuit. However, we don't want our yearly "Christmas present" from Festiva to be another increase and assessment.

Donna and Richard

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |