The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Saphhire Beach Club Fee's
Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2006 07:42AM

Has any one been to the Saphhire lately. I recieved a $1900 bill($630/unit) from the Saph for upgrades and renovation. (I wonder where all the past maintenence fee's have gone?) Has anything been done to the dump or is it just more promises. The deadline to pay up is Oct. 15th or they threaten to foreclose on your unit/s. I feel like I'm being strong armed by these creeps.
They Also owe us 2 weeks rent from weeks they rented for us last year. They never return calls or e-mails. If you do get to speek to someone they give you the bums rush or are just brain dead.
I'll be curious to see if the wooden slats in the hot tub are shimned in place by new plastic knife blades or if they are still using the old plastic knife blades to hold things together.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Saphhire Beach Club Fee's
Posted by: Phil (204.147.0.---)
Date: October 03, 2006 03:56PM

The newsletter that came with the assessment fee listed all the improvements they are making. I recall hearing in March 2006 when I was there that they had a big list of improvements to make, though at that time they were still making a definitive list. I'm not bothered by paying assessmment fees for major improvements, but I don't want to see them used regularly in addition to maintenance fees. They say that they have been operating in the red for maintenance issues and could not afford these updates without a special assessment, and this is the first one in about 15 years.

And I agree about those hot tubs, I wish they could either replace those or get
rid of them (I didn't see those mentioned specifically in the newsletter.)

I've never rented out my unit so I don't know anything about that. But I did notice the assessment date was 9/4/06, due on 10/15/06, and we received our notices on 10/02/06. You also need to read the newsletter so you know where to send the assessment money to.

Date: October 03, 2006 06:55PM

Thats right Phil, Send it to the right place and get an iron clad reciept and never lose it for the rest of your life or they will say you did'nt pay it! We have never missed a payment and they are trying to tell us we owe four years worth from 1996 because thier record keeping sucks!!!!!!!!
Wyndam my A.... What a joke

Posted by: Louise (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2006 06:25AM

Just got my bill also. Never knew it was coming and it is due October 15th. Should we just pay up? I own two weeks. This certainly is a blow to everyone. Not sure if we should just pay or what!!!!! Have owned since they have opened, and you are correct their bookkeeping sucks. There has got to be an answer. Any ideas out there? Is this legal?

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 04, 2006 07:54AM

This should be interesting. We haven't received ours yet. Is there anything we can do? Hold back $s and protest 'en masse'?

Posted by: JJC (---.vkarrigoni.org)
Date: October 04, 2006 02:07PM

I have not received mine. Someone mentioned a newsletter, what newsletter???
This whole thing is a bit crazy! If they actually expect everyone to pay then they the Sapphire better be lined with gold!

Posted by: DrJoe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 04, 2006 06:00PM

I too have not received any notice of an assesment nor do I remember a newsletter stating anything about an assesment. We're arriving at SBC on the 14th for 2 weeks, the first staying with friends in their unit, the second in ours. If this is due on the 15th, unless they'll take a crdit card on the premisis, they're shi_ out of luck. I'm not opposed to paying for improvements, Lord knows they're long overdue, and we've owned since they opened and this is the first time there's been an assesment, but I'm skeptical when it comes to them following through on their promises.

Posted by: CRS (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 04, 2006 09:56PM

I just bouht there and have not closed as of yet. Here is a too free # . 1-877-231-2179. I would like to know more about this. We own at the tpwers since 89 and nevr had anyhing like this. The placde is really kept up.

Posted by: phil (---.dsl.mdsnwi.ameritech.net)
Date: October 04, 2006 11:45PM

The assessment notice comes in a large white envelope, which includes the newsletter. I don't normally get newsletters from them, in fact, I guessed it would be junk mail before I took a closer look at the contents therein.

My biggest issue is the timing, assessment notice was dated 9/4, the assessment is due on 10/15, and received on 10/2. And to not have the mailing information readily available on the assessment bill just wasn't quite right. However, I'm already hearing that improvements are being made, so I'll look forward to my next trip there, as I always do.

Posted by: DrJoe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 05, 2006 09:36AM

The tool free number listed in CRS's posting, 1-877-231-2179, has been disconnected or is out of service. I've tried it 3 times and gotten the same message.

Posted by: JJC (---.vkarrigoni.org)
Date: October 05, 2006 10:08AM

I posted this at the other site but I wanted to mention it here as well...

I was thinking...why don't we elect each other for the board this next time around? This way we know we have a voice and know who is somewhat in control?

The current board set up is horrible. They tell you the last minute when they are having a meeting. They actually had a meeting when I was there in June but I did not find out about it until the day after. I could have been at the meeting!. They never let me know what is discussed after the fact.

To me, it seems they don't want people to be a part of the board meeting so they can do what they want.
If we elected people we know and trust (though most do not really know me except through a few posts) then we might be able to make some good changes and give real input.

Posted by: God (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 04:34PM

I often wondered if it would be worth while to grab a time share.
I always looked at the "hawkers" as a nuisance.
Well after reading this thread, and many more like it scattered over the internet, I'm glad I never did.

Posted by: delorget (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 06, 2006 04:30PM

I emailed SBC this week to confirm our arrival next Saturday and included an updated mailing address (moved 1 year ago and provided to them once) stating that I had not received a newsletter this year or any other correspondance. I was giving them an opportunity to mention the assessment, but all that was said was thanks, and looking forward to your arrival. Maybe that wish to video the responses of the unknowing for breakroom chuckles!

Date: October 12, 2006 05:50PM

I was doing some math, Does anyone know how many units are in this place? Just supposing there are 12 units per floor at $630 a pop at lets say 10 floors this excludes penthouses and & villas. $75'600. for one week per building X 3buildings=$226'800 for 1 week x 3 buildings=

$11'793,600 buckaroos for paint and hotel furniture
(more in Euros) I Bet thats low!!!

Bend over Si vous plea' (excuse my french spelling) How do you say where's the Vasoline in French??

Posted by: Debra (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2006 04:00PM

Paying an assessment fee if they actually do the maintance is one thing, but how is it possible that we can be billed a $5,800 assessment fee when we own just one week and we paid only $12,000 for it to begin with? You said they have not done this for 15 years -- what was the assessment fee amount then and do you think they actually used it to make improvements?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |