- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
new years eve parties
Posted by: eva (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: November 19, 2010 11:38PM

hi there! we are going to St Martin just before New Years eve and would like to find out where is a great place to spend New Years eve at? We have a 23 and a 25 year old coming with us and we are looking for a fun place that will please everybody! Any suggestions? Thanks!Oh yeah we will be in Orient Bay area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: grocery/food prices in St. Maarten
Posted by: Heather (---.r.rev.accesscomm.ca)
Date: December 08, 2010 10:32AM

Hello to all who have been making all these wonderful posts, 4 of us are going up in March 2011, we are from Saskatchewan Canada, does anyone know how Le Grande March prices compare to Shop and Drop (online delivery service) We do not get in till later in the evening and would like some essentials to get us thru the night and morning.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2010 10:36AM

Shop and drop is more expensive, but obviously you pay for the convenience of someone shopping for you..

Here is a review by a friend of mine (pat) who has used this service recently
[www.traveltalkonline.com]

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 09, 2010 09:00PM

Heather,

As Barbara indicated, we were more than pleased with this service.

The prices are much higher than Le Grand Marche on some things and moderately higher on others but you're paying for their labor and time and in situations such as yours where you're not arriving until late, it's really a very beneficial service. How nice it was to arrive and find the fridge stocked with cold drinks and the coffee makings all there for the morning.

I can't say enough about how great Jeannie was to deal with but only you can decide in the long run if it's worth the extra charges or not.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: January 06, 2011 10:56AM

Thank you Barbra and Pat,

As I said we arrive later in the day, our flight arrives at 3:45 on a Sunday, by the time we get our luggage, leave the airport and get the rent a car I can`t forsee us getting out till around 5pm, and correct me if I`m wrong, but grocery stores close early on Sundays do they not? I am leaning toward shop and drop.

Heather

Date: January 06, 2011 08:43PM

Heather,

I know LeGrandeMarche closes mid-day on Sundays and sadly, can't help with times regarding the others but I do know for a fact that the Lido store across the roundabout from Sonesta Maho/Royal Islander LePlage and right next door to Royal Islander LaTerrasse is open till midnight or thereabouts every day, even on Sundays.

If you're planning on shopping on your way to wherever you're staying, do not leave your luggage and such unattended in your rental car, please.

I have to say, having used Jeannie and her Shop and Drop service in November, I wouldn't hesitate to do so again if it worked into my plans. She was great and it sure was nice not to have to face dragging around the grocery right after the flight and all that's involved in 'getting and being there' that first day.

Have a great trip and what a trip that must be for you. Enjoy!!

Respectfully,

pat

Re: Hidden gems in SXM
Date: January 07, 2011 01:01PM

Hello again and thank you for the insight, Do not leave luggage in a car unattended !!! got it.
Does anyone have info on some great sights or hidden gems in sxm, many I have researches are day excursions or cost, I am not cheap but i do like to hike and look around off the beaten path. When I was in Aruba they had caves both road side and hidden, and loved it. Please let me know of any hidden treasures. Thank you.

Heather

Re: Hidden gems in SXM
Date: January 08, 2011 10:22AM

Heather,

Just a suggestion but you might want to post this last question as a topic all by itself. There are many here, Philippe immediately comes to mind, who know this side of the island well but who might miss your question buried in this particular thread.

I would suggest those 'off the beaten track' places, while lovely and well worth finding, should probably be discovered as a group effort rather than totally on your own.

One area that does immediately come to my mind is Loterie Farm and I understand there are guided hikes that will take you to the top of Pic du Paradis and this is a spot well worth seeing as the views from the top are truly spectacular - just not in a car these days from what I've read on various chatboards.

The other place that I've always found incredibly lovely is Fort Louis (I think that's the correct name...) at the top of the hill in the center of Marigot, easy to find and easy to get to and relatively safe as well, and again - spectacular views once there.

You have to be getting excited as your trip draws near. I hope it's a wonderful one in every way.

Respectfully,

pat

Posted by: Jazzgal (---.landye-bennett.com)
Date: January 08, 2011 07:33PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Barbra and Pat,
>
> and correct me if I`m wrong, but grocery stores
> close early on Sundays do they not?
> Heather

I believe the new Market Garden (I think that's the name) on Billy Folly Road is open until 9 PM seven days/week.

Posted by: amy (---.dhcp.ftbg.wi.charter.com)
Date: January 14, 2011 09:58AM

my husband and i are headed to saint marten in a few weeks and i would like to know if you have to use antilles or euros at the grocery stores?

ps the spices tip is a good onesmiling smiley

Posted by: Augie (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 14, 2011 10:10AM

U S $'s work fine.

Augie;

I am an agnostic dyslexic who questions if there really is a dog.

Posted by: Missy (205.214.216.---)
Date: March 01, 2011 03:02PM

How much does pets cost??? A hamster

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2011 06:24PM

A dollar three eighty.

Posted by: slicer (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 22, 2011 12:00PM

How much is a case of Heine's
Carib
Presidente's
Red Stripe

How much is a 750ml Smirnoff
Cuervo
Bacardi
Bailey's

in USD's

thanks,

Paul

Sabbatical in St. Maarten
Posted by: Andre (---.tsf.videotron.ca)
Date: April 18, 2011 10:03AM

Good morning!

We are feeling the end of what seems like a long winter here in Montreal,QC,Canada
High of 2 Celsius today!
Perhaps someone can help us.
We are two fathers with toddlers (3 and 4)
We have an opportunity to move to St. Maarten.
Any issues or concerns regarding same lemonade married couples with children?

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |