The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: grocery stores -Dutch side
Posted by: Michael P. (---.182.125.108.adsl.snet.net)
Date: June 17, 2006 07:04AM

Wow...early birds. I like that! Great that works for me. Marogot @ 6:00. You all have been great with answering all my questions. I reall enjoyed this chat forum. Were all looking forward to experiencing SXM!! Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Michael P. (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 18, 2006 09:12AM

The family has been discussing the trip to Marigot and we wanted to know How far is it from Dawn Beach to the market in Marigot? How long do you think it would take to drive there? Thanks

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2006 09:46AM

It's a good trip. the best way I think is to go through Grand Case and come down to Marigot from there.
I would say give yourself at least 45 minutes

Posted by: Michael P. (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 18, 2006 11:41AM

O.K. great....Thanks for that info. I does seem way out of the way. But I'll take your advice. Do you suggest that because the traffic is lighter or the roads are better or something? Either way it looks pretty even. ~Michael

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 19, 2006 06:56PM

MIchael
just a thought. maybe you could check out Captain Oliver's which is near you. it's a hotel, restaurant and marina. maybe there are some fishermen bringing in their catch there. I'm not sure.
as an aside, I ate in a great restaurant in the Oyster Pond area. it's called Tabba Khady.
maybe you would like to try it.
it is really nice.
[englishversion.tabba-khady.com]

Posted by: Michael P. (---.pfizer.com)
Date: June 20, 2006 07:55AM

Thanks Barbara for the info...I'll be sure to add that to my list. I will definately look into this place.

I really like to cook and I just want to be able to have FRESH fish. I don't care how far it is. It's an island for god sakes!! It can't be too far.

Some people are telling me that it's too far to drive to get fish and I'm starting to get annoyed!! As I said, I want it FRESH!! I want my family to have the best. Fresh good food makes people happy!!

Thanks Again....Michael

Posted by: Clark (---.arc9.atlnga1.dasdial.com)
Date: June 20, 2006 02:01PM

Just a thought- from someone who has never done it-- BUT if the drive is 45 minutes--- and maybe more if the traffic is bad----might be advisable to have a cooler- with ice---keep the fish as fresh as possible--but you being a fisherman probably already figured that out--I'm not being a wise guy---it was just a thought-- chbpod

Posted by: Michael P. (---.pfizer.com)
Date: June 21, 2006 06:23AM

Hello Clark....I accept your advice with respect. Thank you . That is indeed the way to go.
I have still not been able to get solid info on obtaining fresh fish off one of the boats on the island. Now I received an email from the home owner from where we are staying, suggesting that I just go to the supermarket and that the rides not worth it and etc..! Uggghhh!

It's the experience of meeting,associating and supporting the locals that I love to do. I know there's a definate location on SXM to do this and get fresh fish. So hopefully I'll get some solid info here soon.

Thanks again Clark

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |