The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

The Atrium Resort
Posted by: Melissa_Boston (---.bos1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: June 07, 2006 06:12PM

Hello all.

I am looking to visit St. Maarten this summer and am considering staying at The Atrium Resort. Anyone have any opinions/thoughts on the place?

I have 2 and 7 year old boys. Any advice on activities for children/families.

Thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Atrium Resort
Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 07, 2006 07:58PM

I don't know the Atrium personally but I have to say, I've never heard anything bad about it so I doubt you'll be disappointed in the building.

As far as what to do with kids on the island, beyond the obvious pool and beach, there's the St. Martin Zoo although I don't think it's called quite that anymore; the Butterfly Farm is pretty neat but can't guarantee if the boys will enjoy it although my Grandson seemed to; my daughter and son-in-law and their family hiked at Loterie Farm. There's plenty to do but a lot will depend on your family's likes and dislikes.

Beaches that are usually pretty nice for little ones include LeGalion, Friar's Bay, the beach at LeHabitation but the names escapes me, and of course, Orient which is generally pretty calm and relatively safe for young ones. The other obvious choice is Pinel island with the boat ride over and very shallow and gentle waters once there. Food tends to be pricey on Pinel so you might want to pack a lunch but that's an individual choice thing.

My kids have taken their kids since they were infants and the children never tire of the island. I'm sure you and yours will have a very good time.

Posted by: Zums (216.206.81.---)
Date: June 08, 2006 09:14AM

Stayed there a few years back ... no complaints ... very convenient location ... one the best bars on the island right behind it ... lots of places to eat withing walking distance ... think you would enjoy

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: June 08, 2006 10:05AM

We just return from our second (or is it third?) stay at the Atrium. Comments from my trip report posted elsewhere:

Checked into Atrium for our two week stay. One bedroom with full kitchen, dining, LR and a nice sized bathroom all very well maintained and clean. Lovely deck overlooking Simpson Bay. Atrium employs a very friendly and competent staff with no waiting or issues at all. Since we were flying Wednesday to Wednesday, we were concerned that we would have to change rooms during our stay, but we got lucky and remained in 302 the entire two weeks. There are pictures of the accommodations in our last August trip report, so I won’t include here. Room was exactly the same, just a different view.

We really like the Atrium and love the location. You are walking distance to many restaurants and bars.

The Atrium has a nice sized pool, which looks like a great place for kids. We don't use it, too many beaches.

The beach at Atrium is excellent for kids. I don't believe there is a drop off, and there is really not much wave activity that I have seen. And the Buccaneer Beach Bar is right there. Very kid friendly place during the day and early evening- they even have hot dogs!

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |