The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Duck International v.s Mrs B
Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 10:16PM

tom2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> herky and Elaine
> ed has some very good posts and there would be
> better if many werent deleted by the mod. so he
> tells it like it is. i suppose you like fake
> people that always smile even when unappy. he has
> a life.and no i am not ed.

Thanks, Tom. I guess that really got PA-Snide-r where it hurts. :-)

Ed

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 31, 2007 10:21PM

Elaine Wrote:
> It's children like Ed that keep people from
> posting.
>
> You're doing a great job Barbara!

The discussion was over and it was contained. No one even metioned an "Elaine". It's too bad trouble makers like you and PA-Snide-r have to start flame threads.

Ed

Date: October 31, 2007 11:12PM

ANON Wrote:
The owner must of had a reason for
> bringing in modz and if he/she felt they were
> needed I can see why if this is a indication of
> what goes on here.
> If it was mine I'd just be done with it.

Actually, Gert told me that he -was- done with the board. He was ready to shut down the board, (he was tired of it) but decided to go with moderators and keep the board open.

The board got these two particular moderators, because they live(d) on the island, were on the board from the beginning, and Gert knows them. None of these reasons have anything to do with choosing "politically" ("board politics") indifferent, objective moderators. I thought that the woman who has been this site's administrator for years (can't recall her mame, off hand) would have been an appropriate moderator. As it turned out, AllenB would probably be an improvement.

Both moderators were rife with "get back". (Especially, Rooney) And not just toward me. Remember, there were quite a few people contributing on this board who were of the same opinion as myself; with regard to TTOL/nudist cliques/cheerleading advertising etc., etc. These people were good, substantive posters. They knew a lot about St. Martin. They no longer post, here. There are still some posters who remain, and were of the same general opinion on many of the "issues in question", but there are no longer any: "threads of opinion".

When the moderators first began, I was deleted, daily; with posts that contained merely opinion. I sent several of these deleted posts of typical content to Gert for his opinion, and he said that he would not have deleted my posts. So, no, the moderator(s) -didn't/are not- moderating
the board as Gert, himself, would moderate the board.

Ed

Posted by: pasnyder (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 07:39AM

What pathetic answers. I knew it was a matter of time before the N word was used. Yeah Ed, NUDIST. You just hate them, don't you?? And the nerve of them, right?? And, oh yeah, all those people on TTOL are NUDISTS.. right Mr. ED???

The only reson that Gert had any thought of that was that he was tired with dealing with the crap that was handed to the members by Mr ED.

PAULINE

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2007 08:01AM

I think we are done here. everyone has made their point of views known.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |