The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Sapphire Beach Club
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 05:35AM

You would think with all the maintenance fees AND the Supplemental Fees they've collected that the resort would be in tip top shape and an RCI Gold Crown. It's a shame the way it has fallen in disrepair over the years. Where are the fees going?
SXMaholic

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jaf613 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 26, 2009 11:02AM

We contacted Wyndham about the problems we experienced with our stay at SBC. We got a nice polite response from their customer service rep, Tara Efraimson. She informed me that each Wyndham Hotel & Resort is independently owned and operated and Wyndham has nothing to do with the operation or control of the facility. She also told me that the licensee's name is Philippe Verdier. His phone number is (599)545-5584 and his address is Lowlands 147, Saint Maarten. I am attempting to get an e-mail address for him.

Wyndham forwarded my e-mail to Mr. Verdier stating that he is in the best position to respond to our complaints. That was on May 21st. We have not heard from Mr. Verdier to date and, frankly, we do not expect to hear from him.

Date: May 26, 2009 05:17PM

I would be very surprised if Mr. Verdier responded. He is NEVER available at the resort, via e-mail, post or otherwise. As for Wyndham....I'm still surprised they don't care about their name being used on a resort with a bad reputation.

Posted by: sui (---.will.ct.charter.com)
Date: July 06, 2009 04:13PM

Like many others, Meridian has reported our non payment to the credit reporting agencies. Has anyone had any luck getting them to settle for 25% of the amount owed and calling the account paid in full?

Posted by: Brenda (---.net.gov.bc.ca)
Date: July 09, 2009 11:38AM

After receiving our 2009 invoice for maintenance fees, I emailed, as well as mailed a letter to the company and included a copy of our original contract that stated clearly that when we purchased our timeshare our yearly maintenance fees were set a $380.00. I requested that they provide documentation of the process in which maintenance fee increases are determined, since our fees have increased to over $1,100 this year!! To date I have not had a single response from the company. We have owned our timeshare week since 2000 and ever since 'Flagship' was sold to the Wyndham group the maintenance fees had slowly increased each year. This year alone the fees took a whopping $300.00 increase. When is it going to stop....what prevents them from doing this each year! Does anyone have any idea of how to deal with this or are we each on our own!

Posted by: alignment (---.dr01.mrtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: July 08, 2010 11:25AM

I am interested in any updates on the class action suit. Also, interested in pursuing action to improve this awful facility. I own one week, one bedroom.

Posted by: dean (---.dyn.everestkc.net)
Date: July 09, 2010 07:40PM

The class action lawsuit is over. Sapphire won the appeal and the owners/plantiffs decided not to spend any more money (Sapphire was awarded their legal fees). Sapphire has turned over to a collection agency anyone that was part of the lawsuit that has not paid the S.A. by now.

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2010 10:22PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interested in any updates on the class action
> suit. Also, interested in pursuing action to
> improve this awful facility. I own one week, one
> bedroom.

What week? I'll buy it if it's 3 or 5 with ocean view.

Posted by: Vee (167.193.134.---)
Date: August 06, 2010 09:51AM

Does anyone know who to file a complaint with about Sapphire's incompetencies? The so called manager J Lima never returns calls or acknowledges emails. Gina Guerina has screwed up my payments so many times and charged my credit card without permission. I am totally disappointed at the poor customer service I have experienced. Sapphire used to be a pleasure to deal with and with all the respectable people leaving I can't wait to sell and get as far away from them as I can. If anyone has a name with higher authority than Lima I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Vee

Date: August 15, 2010 06:26AM

Mr. Verdier is the the owner. His son pretty much ruins/runs the place. He/they are like chamelions. You will NEVER get any assistance from either of them. Chalk it up to another "life's lesson".

Posted by: PHYLLIS & GEORGE MADDEN (200.7.37.---)
Date: October 31, 2010 04:38PM

We just checked out of Sapphire Beach club unit 152, which had no shower head, two small towels,no paper towels,no toilet paper, locked safe to mention a few things.The front desk employee(lady) was totally rude and of no help getting the simple things one would expect upon check in.She just kept saying no towels and I will send the maintenance person for shower head. The person that finally got us towels was (george) on front desk. We even went and bought our own fitted sheet
for the bed (they were using a duvet cover as bottom sheet).We are not only mad about the lack of maintenance, attitude of some of the front desk (lady) and condition of contents of unit, we are saddened to see this lack of attention given to the property in general.We bought a lock out wk 33 121,122 pre construction and then bought wk 42 124 and wk 43 124 later on before wyndham took over,what a mistake we made.If this continues we are going to cut our loses and get out,why should I pay maintenance fees and arrived to this poor condition of this beautiful resort.This litterly ruined our two weeks vacation at what use to be our home away from home. Shame on all of you that have grossly neglected this resort. I am also reporting this to RCI as well as wyndham management.

George and Phyllis Madden

Posted by: mee (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2011 11:07AM

Staying here in a few months. Anyone stayed here recently? Just read all the reviews and a little nervous. Anyone see any improvements? Staying in room 252. Has anyone stayed in this room that can give me some information on it. I guess its a one bedroom with 2 bathrooms. RCI said its big with one balcony. Thanks!!

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2011 06:32PM

I'll be staying there for my 7th straight year 22nd -29th will let you know when I return.

Posted by: mee (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2011 05:27PM

Thanks, I appreciate any info you can give me!

Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2011 06:52AM

The best advice is to just stay away from timeshares. Overall, it's proven to be a dysfunctional concept. It isn't as if there aren't any regular hotels.

Ed

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |