The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Sapphire Beach Club
Posted by: LennynRose (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2008 11:43PM

WoW !!!

One has to wonder how long the Wyndham chain will allow their name to be associated with the mess at Sapphire.

From what I have read here, it has been a problem for two years!

Lenny

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2008 07:51AM

I'd be concerned if my name was used and it was being badmouthed.
However, I'm trying to understand how some say their stay was the worst they've ever experienced and others quite the opposite.
We own 2 wks (Dec) and even though the place could use a facelift inside and out, our stays have not been anything near what some report back. Aside from the Verdiers misusing our Maintenance Fees and tacking on a Special Assessment Fee, any problems we've encountered were quickly taken care of. Are we missing something?

-Gloria

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'!

Posted by: LennynRose (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 01:05AM

SXMaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd be concerned if my name was used and it was
> being badmouthed.
> However, I'm trying to understand how some say
> their stay was the worst they've ever experienced
> and others quite the opposite.
> Are we missing something?

Gloria,

I would have to agree with you. We stayed there in Dec of 06 and we were begining to think it was going to be a problem...it wasn't.

From what we saw, the place was being painted, the employees were very friendly and polite. The rooms were nice and clean.

The bad...misquitos were terible around the laundry area. Some would think that the resort hired them to keep the tourists away. LOL

The one thing that I have found in life is the attitude of people can sour everything. I have heard so many negative things about "Americans" when traveling it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that someone before you was probably a loud mouth.

The resort staff must just hate having to deal with the majority of the timeshare owners. The people that bought them must forget that they are employees trying to make a living.

Kill them with kindness and the whole vacation experience will be different.

Just a thought

Lenny

Posted by: grace's grammie (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: March 24, 2008 11:04PM

Just got back from ten days at Sapphire and we can't understand what all the complaining is about. We've been going there for 15 years or so and, frankly, were a little concerned about our trip this year based on the many negative comments.

Granted, they're a little slow with the renovations, but they are making some progress. Everything else was fine. Rooms newly painted and clean, service quite attentive by island standards, appliances all in working order, maid service excellent. And we didn't see ANY of the bugs we've heard so much about. Once they get the new furniture, TVs and beds (wow, those mattresses need to be replaced) in place it will be great.

We know one thing for sure after all these years: If you want to be treated like you're in the USA, go to Miami Beach. But if you love the islands, you can't beat St. Martin. Sapphire Beach isn't the Plaza Hotel, but it's fine and we had a great time.

Posted by: April_At_Sapphire (72.252.11.---)
Date: April 08, 2008 10:00AM

We are at Sapphire right now (April, 2008). There is a new flat-screen TV in the living room. There is no sight of the promised DVD player. The TVs in the bedrooms are the same old ones and there are still VCRs in both bedrooms (who still uses video cassettes?)

There is NO new furniture. The old furniture has been re-upholstered. There is no sight of the promised new mattresses, but there is a 3" thick piece of foam over the old mattress (it is more comfortable that way.)

The curtains have been replaced since last year, although the living room curtain is already falling down.

There is a bathroom scale this year and a new coffee pot. Frankly, I'd rather have a DVD player ($20 for a cheap one) than a bathroom scale.

As for the assessment, we were not allowed to check into our room because their records showed that we didn't pay the assessment. The dumb thing is that we paid it last year when we were here. They eventually let us into our room.

Overall, I'd say the place looks better maintained than the last few years. The key word is "maintained," The condition is now is what I would barely consider "acceptable." Maybe this means our maintenance fee was partially used to maintain the unit this year.

However, other than the new TV, there is no sign of anything purchased with the special assessment.

Posted by: April_At_Sapphire (72.252.11.---)
Date: April 08, 2008 10:16AM

First, I sent an email to grhertzy@houston.rr.com and it came back as undeliverable (a dead email). Does anybody have any other contact info about the "lawsuit?"

Second, Mr. Verdier is the owner of Sapphire. I had his email last year but it is also a dead email now. I don't have an updated email for him, but I will try to get one while I am here on the island.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2008 10:34AM by April_At_Sapphire.

Date: April 08, 2008 05:50PM

Try Jerry at this site

grhertzy@comcast.net

-Gloria

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2008 06:23PM by SXMaholic.

Posted by: Clarence Thomas (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 27, 2008 08:14PM

Please send me any information about the class action suite against Sapphire Beach Club.

Thanks,

Clarence Thomas

Posted by: D. Hairston (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 05:38AM

Please send me information on the class action suit against Sapphire Beach Club.

Thank you,
D. Hairston

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.54-115.caribserve.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 08:37AM

I thought "class action suit" was something typically American( read "that you can do in America"...), but that it didn't worked (exist) down here under dutch laws... Am I wrong or confused somehow?

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: jimandi (206.253.153.---)
Date: July 28, 2008 03:47PM

Philippe, you are not wrong or confused. You are correct.
Regards,
Sylvia

Posted by: E. Dornell (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 09:36PM

I perhaps foolishly paid the special assessment levied by Sapphire Beach Club. Now I have been confronted recently by a collection agency claiming that my delinquent account has been referred to them for collection. There was no mention of what fees were delinquent, just a demand for payment. Unfortunately my bank no longer routinely returns cancelled checks, but will provide requested cancelled checks for a fee. I am wondering if other members are having a similar problem with payments to Sapphire Beach not being properly recorded and subsequently referred to a collection agency?

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 10:08PM

Your statement should show whether the funds were deducted from your account and the date. If the funds were in fact deducted, then you have absolutely no worries. If they request proof, you can always produce a copy of the canceled check at a later date. For now though, I would take their letter and make a copy. Then attach your own letter to it, stating the date of the check, the amount, the date it was cashed, and then finish by stating that you have no further obligation unless the amount was incorrect. Sometimes customer service will tell you what bank the check was cashed at and the actual date so if you can verbally get this info, all the better. Make sure you keep a copy of your letter to them for your records.

The fact that you paid and the amount was cashed is your proof.

Good luck. It may take some really good patience when dealing with those that have no concept about proper record-keeping (I had that happen to me with a bank on Anguilla) but as long as you have all your ducks in order, it should straighten itself out eventually.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2008 10:09PM by John.

Date: July 29, 2008 07:36AM

Quite a few people have been getting calls from a collection agency for payment delinquency of both Maintenance AND Supplemental Fees with no warning of any kind. We advised them we are in the SBC litigation group for the the Supplemental and will not pay (as per court ruling at this time). They know nothing about the litigation. We did receive a letter after we spoke with them which gives a lump sum with no breakdown of what they are 'collecting'. Our Maintenance fees were paid prior to their call but as usual they have no info on any of this.

-Gloria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 07:37AM by SXMaholic.

Posted by: gsmith (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 29, 2008 07:42PM

We just recieved a collection notice also, it is a lump sum, says it is for SA fee's. I'm sending in a letter that I'm disputing the debt and requesting breakdown of what it is for, we upgraded from a 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom in new tower in April 2005
We never received any notice or invoice, one of our friends did. Did not go down this year in May. We banked our week.

Anyone known details of ligation, we have paid Maint. Fees, but the amt they say we owe now id quite excessive, over 1,000.00 USD.

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |