- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Divi Resort
Posted by: Karin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 02, 2006 07:02AM

First, sorry to hear that your wife had a little incident.. are you booked into the hotel or timeshare?.. the hotel is only 2 stories.. with timeshare, usually you don't know where you're staying unless it's an owned week.. based on your wording, i don't believe it is.. how do you know where you'll be?.. and when are you traveling?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: davvvy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 02, 2006 08:18AM

We are using her bosses timeshare. Arriving this Saturday. We called and they told us we were on the second or third floor We are to call tomorrow to find out more.

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 02, 2006 08:33AM

Not sure what their policy is or whether they will really care but if you mention the fact that you have a handicapped person, maybe they will consider a switch if there are any lower floor rooms available. The front desk usually knows when some rooms will not be occupied. Worth a try.

Posted by: davvvy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 02, 2006 03:26PM

Thank you Karin, and John for the info.

Posted by: Charles (---.tycoelectronics.net)
Date: August 02, 2006 04:09PM

We are owners (pre RCI) at Divi and have always been 99% satisfied with our experience there. When I say 99% -- there is always a little something that could be improved, but the staff always makes their best efforts and since we're on vacation we're not going to get too worried about it.

Last year, we stayed in the hotel for a couple of extra days after we'd concluded our week in our timeshare 1BR deluxe. As Karin says, the hotel is just that -- a hotel. Think Holiday Inn or Motel 6 room and you've got it.

You'll definitely want a car, as walking in and out of the resort is really not practical. It is at the bottom of a long hill, and not really all that close to Phillipsburg. Not far by car, but not a walk I would want to make, especially at night.

About the only things I can add is that that there is free internet wireless available, if you are like me and take a laptop for viewing the digital pictures and that the bars can be a trifle expensive. There's a liquor and a convenience store on the property, as well as a very very helpful activities desk and on-resort activities too. Take the time to walk up the hill to the 1600's era fort, it is quite cool and offers a superb view of Great Bay, Philipsburg and Little Bay. If you are up early, you might get a chance to wave at a cruise ship as it comes in.

Oh, and look out over Little Bay at night -- you can usually see the lights of Saba.

Date: August 03, 2006 08:07AM

Davvvy.. you didn't mention if it's a 1br or Studio, but both are also offered on the 1st floor depending on which building. When you get to the front desk, explain the situation. They're not going to intentionally put you on a higher floor or up the hill if they can avoid it. If in a studio, as for building A or B. If in a 1BR, ask for either A, B, or 1 thru 4. All of which offer 1BR's on the 1st floor. We'll be passing each other on the 12th when I arrive, but I'll be curious to hear where you ended up.

Karin.

Posted by: janet (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 05, 2006 08:37PM

we are leaving for Divi on 9/23. We decided to try St martin this year as our home week is in Aruba. I am hoping that my timeshare will be equal to the beautiful accomodations that I have there.

Of course, I have questions about food.
Aruba is quite expensive and I have heard St. Martin has better prices. I am not looking for white tablecloths - a nice place - beachy for lobster and conch fritters. I don't want italian food as I cook enough of that home here in NY I would like some island food as well.

Need shopping advice - best places for sterling silver and larimar. I am assuming that perfume is cheaper? What about liquor?

Steel drum music - got to have it especially at happy hour - input is greatly appreciated.

Any help for first time travelers is greatly appreciated.

Date: September 07, 2006 11:52PM

Well, perfume and liquor definitely are cheaper.. the shop at Divi, right across from the Check-in area actually has some pretty good prices.. just remember, you can't take it in your carry-on for the flight home.. gotta pack it.. as for dining, there are sooo many restaurants to chose from on the island.. unfortunately, i'm not one for seafood, so can't help ya there.. i know Pineapple Pete's has Lobster Thermador which seems to get some great reviews.. you can also try the Boathouse as well.. are you renting a car?.. it'll be much easier to get around the island this way especially if planning on dining out.. as for Divi's restaurant.. they do have one.. food is good.. not talking 5 star dining, but i know they have a lobster bbq night and as you'll see by the paper work when you check in, at different managers cocktail parties there is a steel drum band.. Hope it helped..

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |