- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Pinapple Petes
Posted by: fabila (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 15, 2005 02:15PM

I totally agree with you Annie. Pineapple Pete's service is great, Pierre is wonderful and so is his staff and he has very good food. Peg Leg's service has always been slow but when Shawn isn't there it's terrible. Our last visit two weeks ago was so bad that had it been my first experience it would have been my last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: November 15, 2005 03:38PM

We have never had a problem with service at Peg Leg's - but we always sit at the bar. Perhaps that makes the difference. We do love Peg Leg's, alot of it has to do with the folks we know there, including Shawn. We go there to "hang out".

But I will admit, the food and service at Pineapple Petes wins hands down. We go here to have a wonderful meal - then go down the road to PLP to visit...

Posted by: Larry (199.59.33.---)
Date: November 22, 2005 12:49PM

When you go to Pinapple Pete's, ask for Fransis. He is an excellent waiter. Tell him Larry & Ruth from San Antonio,Texas said hello. We were there several times last week.

Posted by: Jimbo2 (---.cable.earthlink.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 01:05PM

What kind of food does Pineapple Pete's serve (and don't say "pineapples') LOL

Posted by: Larry (199.59.33.---)
Date: November 22, 2005 04:03PM

Seafood, Soups, Salads, Steak Lobster, Etc

Posted by: Carrie (---.GDGSC.Com)
Date: November 30, 2005 03:45PM

I must add my 2 cents regarding Pineapple Petes. Went there for the very first time this trip over Thanksgiving (we went twice) and it was GREAT. Not only is the food fabulous but the wait staff are excellant. And to top it off the first night we went there was a gentleman singing and he just made the night. We stayed and ate and drank for a long time that night and all had a ball....again just my 2 cents.

*Carrie*

Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 30, 2005 04:35PM

Just got back last night, our first stop for lunch is always Peg Leg, but because of the crappy service we had last April, (problem was Shawn, the owners, and the other long time waitress, can't remember her name, sweet girl who just had a baby, were all off!!!! I think it was a Sunday, we almost walked out it was so bad.) This trip we made our first stop at Pineapple Petes, it was kind of a joke because my cousins boyfriend Pete saved the trip for us, lunch was great, I had escargot and a ceasar salad, my husband had some kind of conch fritter and a salad with pineapple and chicken, that salad is all he talked about!! Everyday, he wanted to leave the beach and head over to Pineapple Petes!! Wish we had a few more days, we would have gone back for dinner.

Posted by: thenuts (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 30, 2005 06:08PM

Service at Peg Leg is just deplorable. Food is very good. Is it worth it?

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: December 01, 2005 01:50PM

Nuts, Another viewpoint is that the service is poor, the food is sometime good and sometimes not nearly as good as it used to be and the owners are far more interested in shmoozin than taking care of the business and Shawn? Well Shawn is Shawn and can only do so much but I dont think you can blame whats happened there on anyone but the owners cause an owner has to run his business to have it run well and they dont seem to get it and if you have a manager to run it instead than thats what he needs to do and not all the other stuff to.

Posted by: John (65.217.50.---)
Date: December 02, 2005 07:28AM

They have double hamburgers, wraps, appetizers, regular meals, and some food with an Island Flair. Their service is quick and their waitstaff were constantly on the move. They sing Happy Birthday to those that are celebrating something and the food is very good and plentiful. They also have 5 pool tables, a foozball table and some video games. The prices were extremely reasonable. For 1 soda, 1 bottled water, a buffalo wrap with fries (huge) and a double cheeseburger with fries = $38.03 including the tip. For dinner on this island that's good! They also have entertainment on specific nights.

Posted by: GLORIA (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2006 10:39AM

My husband and I will be visiting St Maarten for the first time in April to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I have heard a lot of good things about Pineapple Petes. I want to take him somewhere special on the actual day of our anniversary. Is this place fancy. Any suggestions anyone???????

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: July 17, 2006 12:16PM

Neither of the places being discussed are fancy and I wouldnt say there special enough for a 25th wedding anniversary. PPetes has great food but no real atmosphere. Very close to a busy road and all the associated noise which isn't a problemo for a normal meal but not nearly romantic or what I'd suggest for something that special. The other is a bar, smokey and crowded and the food can be good or not and the service is more often not. How about Marys Boone and the romantic dinner on the beach. It takes a few emails and some planning ubt it is so romantic your spouse will remember it for a lifetime.

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: July 18, 2006 04:33AM

We had some great Lobster bisque and salad there and on another occasion, we had good steaks. The second time our bill was extremely high and I think we were overcharged quite a bit so just double check it before you pay.

Posted by: David Fishel (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 19, 2006 07:17PM

Don't know if anyone still cares after 6 months, but just want to put in a good word for one of my favorite places to eat on St., M, Pineapple Pete's (NOT Peg Leg's Pub which is a completely different, although nearby, place). Have been spending at least one month a year on the island for the last 14 years, which means I go back to the days when the best place to eat on the Dutch side was the Burger King trailer at Simpson Bay Lagoon. For the combination of price, service and food quaity, Pineapple Pete's is one of the best anywhere on the island. My wife and I eat there at least 4-5 times during our stays. We've tried most of the menu offerings and have yet to get a bad one. Of particular note is their lobster thermidor (which is often one of their specials).I've had it in restaurants on several continents (and paid a great deal more to get it), and I've never tasted anything close to as good as it is at Pete's. Bottom line is that while there are now many good places to eat on both sides of the island, if you miss Pete's, you've missed one of the best.

Posted by: lynn (199.231.28.---)
Date: August 01, 2006 11:51AM

We just returned from the island (7/15-7/29). Tried Pinapples Petes for the first time...FANTASTIC!!!! Although I agree that for a 25th anniversary there are more fancy/romantic places to go...depends on what you want to eat. As for Peg leg steakhouse, they were also very good, very pleasant and very quick. Another place for great steaks is Ranchos.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |