The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Ordering Ma Doudou rum?
Posted by: M'shell (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 11, 2006 11:25AM

You could easily infuse your own rum and make it at home. Just get a bottle of decent dark rum, add slices of banana (not over ripe) and a vanilla bean. Put it in a dark, cool cabinet for a week or two and you'll have some great flavored rum!

Options: ReplyQuote
NEED MA DOUDOU RUM???
Posted by: naticksoccermom (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 08, 2006 01:16PM

Hi, i found a great source for ordering Ma Doudou's Rum. I live in Boston and it was very reasonable having it shipped here. Let me know if you need help!!! We only bought one bottle from our Trip in April and I was lucky enough to find a distributor overseas that ships overnight.....

Re: NEED MA DOUDOU RUM???
Posted by: TomWil (---.patmedia.net)
Date: June 10, 2006 11:23PM

Please post info about the source you discovered!

Posted by: SueDen (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 19, 2006 08:50PM

We are also in need of the distributor that ships Ma Doudou overnight!!! We were in St.Maartin 3 yrs ago and finished our last bottle last night. We brought home about 7 bottles and only used them on special occaisons (had a lot of those...ha). Any info on how to get this rum shipped to the US would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted by: drdoug (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: June 20, 2006 10:57AM

I'm afraid the Natick soccer mom is on vacation, or at the world cup, or is a hoax. I privately e-mailed her the day after the note appeared and haven't heard back. That with the two polite requests here, makes me wonder.

Hope she comes thru. Of course, this stuff is really easy to make at home.

Dr Doug

Posted by: SueDen (65.213.114.---)
Date: June 20, 2006 03:30PM

Dr. Doug,

I agree, she may have been a "one time" visitor to this message board site. Oh well, I guess I will have to start planning my next trip!

Posted by: CinV (---.browseblast.com)
Date: July 01, 2006 10:29AM

We asked a year ago at Ma Doudou and they said that they do not export anywhere

Posted by: polk (124.29.216.---)
Date: July 26, 2006 11:52AM

Ma Doudou rum?
Posted by: mouse (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: July 26, 2006 07:52PM

I am going to SXM in Septmeber let me know if you want Ma Doudou there is a federal express there will see if it is possible to ship back to the states. Brought back 7 bottles in March.Were from the Chicago area.

Posted by: Lili (---.balt.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 07, 2006 09:45PM

If you are going in Sept I would love info on Fedex and if it is possible to ship ma doudou. We are another couple of people that got hooked on the banana vanilla. Unfortunately I don't think you can make anything like it here. You have to have the "island" flavored fruit. Our bananas just don't have the same flavor. Believe me I have tried.

I would love any information you can get on shipping. thanks

Posted by: hughb (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2006 09:19PM

I am on my last bottle of banana vanilla. I will be trabelling to SXM in Oct/Nov. I am wondering about the new carry on rules, are you still permitted to carry alchohol on board ? I would like to find a method of shipping Ma DouDou Rum home if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I once asked her about shipping to the US but she seemed to think that it was too complex a process for her to be involved in.

Posted by: GaKaye (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 22, 2006 09:23PM

No, you cannot carry any liquids on board. Ask that your rum be wrapped in bubble wrap when you buy it, and pack it in your checked luggage.

Posted by: heather (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: September 23, 2006 12:40PM

You might want to try www.specsonline.com They are a large liquor store chain in Houston Tx that is really good about ording anything you are looking for. I really don't know about shipping and their policies but it might be a good place to look. Good luck!

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 23, 2006 03:34PM

heather etal,

Perhaps I'm being naive but isn't it illegal to 'ship' or mail alcoholic beverages across state lines? I'm not sure that FedEx would ship it back to the States either because they have to provide shipping docs to bring their shipments into the country.

I can see the problems you all have and understand why you would want to do this because those flavored rums are yummy but I'm thinking you may just have to suck it up and start planning another trip to the island. I'm 200 days out but I haven't totally run out from last year. Yet!

Good luck and if anyone is lucky enough to find a means of getting it sent back, please let us all know.

Respectfully,

pat
:-)

Posted by: Ray Mann (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2006 05:27PM

Nobody has found a liquor store in the USA that sells Ma Doudou. I asked the "Ma Doudou" lady a couple of years ago and she said: "we don't export/ship Ma Doudou to other countries." FedEx, DHL & UPS won't do it either because of the laws in many States. You need to be a liquor distributor with an import license to have cases of liquor shipped to you from another country.
We solved this dilemma: we go to SXM every year and bring back 4-6 liters of our favorite Ma Doudou (banana/vanilla & orange/ginger).
Note: The liter bottles are plastic which cuts back on the weight.

Ray
www.rays-sxm.net

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |