The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Ordering Ma Doudou rum?
Posted by: CAM (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 16, 2008 06:45PM

WHO CAN WE CONTACT IN THE CHICAGO and/or LOS ANGELES
AREA - TO ORDER MA DOUDOU RHUM?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pasnyder (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: January 17, 2008 08:17AM

Contact - American Airlines.... then, book a ticket to SXM. That's the only way you can get it!!!

Wish there was a cheaper way!
Pauline

Posted by: Jeannie G (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2008 08:08AM

Hi Ma Doudou lovers...Just got home yesterday from a cruise to the Caribbean with a planned stop at the Ma Doudou factory when we arrived in St. Marten..It was an adventure finding the small out of the way place...Very VERY nice people there...We bought a dozen bottles...but now wish we had bought a few more glasses to give as gifts with the bottle...
Does anyone know where I could get some glasses?? I checked E-bay, but saw none...

Jeannie G

Re: NEED MA DOUDOU RUM???
Posted by: Violeta (8.7.69.---)
Date: July 05, 2008 08:46PM

I am just hearing about this Ma Doudou rum. I saw that these conversations took place as late as Dec 2007. Are there any changes? Are we able to order it yet? What is the actual Recipe?

Posted by: Banana-rama-licious (65.242.248.---)
Date: July 31, 2008 08:07PM

After our first trip to SXM in 2005 we got HOOKED on Ma Doudou's banana rum. My in-laws just took another trip down and we begged them to bring back a few bottles. So we now have 2... but that is just torture! We could polish these bottles off in the next 2 weeks! I can't bear to wait another 3yrs before we get it again. I second Violeta's questions.... Are there any changes? Are we able to order it yet? What is the actual Recipe?

Posted by: Rob Wu (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 05:28PM

Hi all.

I seem to have a bottle of Ma Doudou from St. Martin from a friend of mine from maybe five years ago. I can't find anything about it, though. Punch au Rhum, it seems to say. Have any of you tried it? Any suggestions on mixers?

Thanks!
Rob

Posted by: Joesssssssssssssss (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2008 04:23PM

As I was reading this entire thread it was a roller coaster ride. Still no Ma DouDou.

I have a solution that will be great for many. I actually got turned onto Ma DouDou's Rum while in St. Kitts. If I hadn't had Ma DouDou rum, I would have thought that Brinley's Gold Flavored Rums were the best thing EVER. Having had Ma DouDou, I would say that Brinley's is an excellent substitute...since there are importers that bring it into the US. It is also cheaper and stronger at 35%/70 Proof. The flavor is fantastic and they offer these flavors...Vanilla, Coffee, Mango, Lime...maybe Coconut. The Lime and Coconut are new so I can't vouch for them...but the Mango, Vanilla and Coffee are out of this world!

Here is a link that has some places to buy it online:

www.brinleygoldrum.com/buyonline/

My favorite is the Vanilla...not quite Ma Dou Dou but likely a lot more sanitary and much better quality of product.

Bottoms Up

Posted by: carol lizza (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2009 11:00AM

glad to see others have found out alot more than i have about where and how to get-i'm addicted and need more banana vanila and will try samswine and all other avenues and will let u know how i did. happy new year and God Bless!

Posted by: Pam Bowers (---.caribcable.com)
Date: February 19, 2009 06:42PM

We are in Anguilla, heading back to the states via St. Maarten's next week. Specifically where can we buy the ginger rhum...on the Dutch side or the French side of St. Maartens. Does anyone have the exact name of the store... and phone number so we can find out how to get there? From what I have read it is in Cul de Sac, across from the Sunrise Hotel. Where is Cul de Sac? What is it near...how far from the airport? Someone else described it as in a small out of the way place. Does anyone have anything more specific????

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 19, 2009 08:46PM

You can buy the rum in many of the local stores, even at the airport. The "factory" is in Cul de Sac, which is on the French side of the island on the road towards Anse Marcel. You turn off the main road that goes between Grand Case and Orient, going towards Anse Marcel and the Radisson Hotel. After you pass the restaurant Ti Bouchon, you turn right onto a small road that looks as if you're going into a gated community. Follow the road around and you'll see the Ma DouDou shack on your left just before the road turns to a one way circle. Good luck...it took us three separate trips to find it!!

Posted by: WhiteCastle (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2009 10:23AM

Just returned from SXM and followed GaKaye's directions to Ma's. The only thing I would correct or add is in parentheses: "on the road towards Anse Marcel. You turn off the main road that goes between Grand Case and Orient, going towards (Pinel Island) Anse Marcel and the Radisson Hotel. After you pass the restaurant Ti Bouchon, you turn right onto a small road (at the top of the hill again turn right) looks as if you're going into a gated community.
There are now small square bright pink signs saying "Ma Dou Dou" on the road to Pinel and at the top of the hill. Personally we prefer the other banana vanilla available in town. We each packed up like 12 bottles in our luggage per couple and wrote local rhums for $120 on our custom forms and sailed right on through! Whooo-hooo! That should hold us til next year....rationing to one a month! Hope you all do as well!

Just finished our first small teaser bottle of Ma Doudou Rhum Punch
Posted by: K @ C (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 01:26PM

OK.......This is out control feel good. It's so smooth and makes you so happy, with no bad side affects...because it's natural and when you eat the nanner it really makes you relaxed and happy.

We want more... NOW!!!

You guessed it... we're going for a substitute until July.... why July... well, that's when my new sister-in-law is going back to the Bahamas.... oh my, I just realized, they're going to Jamaica... so, I guess since they'll be in Florida visiting us for a few days, we'll need to gift them a wedding pkg back to the Bahamas, with a simple request for another bottle.... ooops, may a CASE of Ma Doudou.

Ma Doudou Punch an Rhum Banane
Posted by: Tina (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 01, 2009 08:08PM

There you go here's the address, but I don't think they will ship it. I don't know the first number of the area code. I didn't get a chance to drink mine. I had a friend staying here and found it and drank it all sad smiley.

Ma Doudou Punch an Rhum Banane
97150 St Martin Cul-de-sac
?05 90 8730 43 Phillipsburg

Posted by: Peter Robbins (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 30, 2009 06:18PM

please...please help me with any credible info pertaining to ordering this rum in the states....I couldn't believe the amazing high associated with this product...

Posted by: David Glass (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 25, 2009 01:54PM

Hi
How and were can you order it?
Thank You

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |