The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Ordering Ma Doudou rum?
Posted by: heather (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: September 24, 2006 06:00PM

Pat, as I said before I am not sure of the policies of shipping alcohol but I do know that I have ordered cases of wine from California and had them shipped to Texas with no problem. I could see where shipping out of country could cause issues in customs. Good luck with everyone's search!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phil (204.147.0.---)
Date: September 26, 2006 03:02PM

I'll have to try some of this Ma Doudou rum on my next visit to SXM, but I'm going to try to make some at home with a good bottle of rum, some banana flavoring or banana liquor, and a vanilla bean.

Posted by: Danielle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 07:20PM

I am almost out of my last bottle of the spiced ginger -- DESPAIR!!! I can't make the trip this year to get more, so I'm attempting to make it at home. Anyone have any idea what rum I should use?

I'm going to follow the recipe on the Ma Doudou bottle: 1 part syrup, 4 parts rum, juice of 1/3 lime...then add sliced ginger, 1 vanilla bean, and a few cinnamon sticks. It looks like there are also cloves floating around in there, but they could also be juniper berries...is that possible?

Any advice would be fantastic. And then I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Posted by: NYGirl (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2006 12:50PM

How many bottles can you bring back legally? Should I pack them in my bag or carry them on. My husband and I would both like to bring the maximum number back. smiling smiley

Posted by: Ray Mann (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2006 02:04PM

Legally you can bring as many bottles of Ma Doudou as you can fit in your checked luggage. Each bottle in your carry-on luggage cannot exceed 3 oz. (the latest Homeland Security-TSA policy). You can each bring in to the USA one liter bottle of Ma Doudou duty free. The duty, if they make you pay, is about $2-3 for each bottle (based on quantity and alcohol content, not on price).

Ray
www.rays-sxm.net

Posted by: pasnyder (65.217.50.---)
Date: November 13, 2006 08:57PM

We were over at the Madoudou Factory today. We wanted to see if they would ship bottles back for us, but they don't. After the first of the year, 2007, you can visit their site www.ma-doudou.com, but they still won't be shipping it for you.
Pauline

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 18, 2006 08:23PM

Hey pasnyder...so where's the factory? Sopmewhere that I've missed after all these years. Thanks, spike

Posted by: pasnyder (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2006 05:52PM

Hi Spike,

The Ma Doudou Factory is located over in Cul De Sac, across from the Sunrise Hotel. We also tried to see if we could ship a box home at the "Mailbox" in Simpson Bay, and they won't do it either. We brought 11 bottles of Vanilla Bananna back with us.

Pauline

Posted by: jeannie (---.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com)
Date: November 20, 2006 01:21PM

Business Type City State Country Email Web Address
Incline Village Nevada United States jwhitt9336@aol.com http://

This was on the Minister of Rum website. I only did the search for banana, but if they have it, you would think they could get others.

Posted by: barton Hege (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 22, 2006 01:58AM

I am interested in ordering some of Ma's Rum, if anyone comes up with a web sight to let you, please notify me.
thanks,

Ordering Ma Doudou rum?
Posted by: Barton Hege (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 26, 2006 07:52PM

Ok, we can't order Ma's rum, is there anything outhere that tastes almost as good. Someone told me about capt. morgan's private reserve...thoughts ?

Posted by: Michele Knutson (Bradley) (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: June 26, 2007 02:54PM

Barton Hege Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, we can't order Ma's rum, is there anything
> outhere that tastes almost as good. Someone told
> me about capt. morgan's private reserve...thoughts
> ?

I should have known all these years later you would still be looking for the "perfect" rum!

Re: NEED MA DOUDOU RUM???
Posted by: Debbie (---.knology.net)
Date: October 27, 2007 04:20PM

We are trying to get the rum from st. martin and we would like the information you have for ma doudou rum. thank you

Posted by: doc6ricky (---.dsl1.mnd.mn.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 16, 2007 03:04PM

Danielle, I came across your recipe for Ma doudou rum online. How did it turn out? Can't be as good as the real thing, however. What kind of syrup did you use? What about the banana? Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks, Rick

Re: NEED MA DOUDOU RUM???
Posted by: doc6ricky (---.dsl1.mnd.mn.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 16, 2007 03:09PM

Saw your post about ordering ma doudou rum. Please let me know how to do it!! Got hooked on the banana Vanilla, now can't find it Thanks, Rick

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |