- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Car rental
Posted by: Eben Cooke (---.com)
Date: August 07, 2006 01:02PM

I agree, a scruffy-looking car is best... but, do NOT rent from the "Paradise" office in Simpson Bay. I'd made my reservation online from the National Car Rental website... found out when I got there it was actually an Alamo rental.

They gave us a 10-year old Opel that was covered with dents and peeling paint... OK, no problem, especially since the rate was low.

However, upon returning the car, we were told we'd been in an "accident" (oddly, there was no more information than that... not even a police report). I mentioned that, if I was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, that would be a criminal offense and I would be arrested. Guy smirked and just said "that ain't the way it works here".

Next credit card bill had $1500 tacked on. Visa is contesting it for me, and I'm pretty sure I won't have to pay it... but who needs CROOKS like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: August 07, 2006 02:26PM

An open message to Eban Cook.

So we're getting the idea you got screwed by your car rental company but the post is getting old. Sounds like you got it taken care of with the credit card. Bottom line is you could of rented from the people who get good reports all the time but it sounds like you went for a cheap price over good recommendations unless I'm wrong. Sometimes it pays and sometimes you get $crewed and I guess we all know by now which one it was. Next time might I suggest AAA, Hertz, Kennys, St. Louis, or Unity. I never heard a bad thing on any of these companies. Others good to but these guys for sure rate about among the best on island.

Posted by: Eben Cooke (---.com)
Date: August 08, 2006 11:39AM

You are correct that I shopped for a low rate. I also did not have a big problem with the banged-up look of the car because "you get what you pay for". Nevertheless, I do not consider myself at fault. Had I known about this bulletin board previously, I would certainly have taken the recommendations here seriously. I'd hope my post might spare other people from a similar experience. Perhaps you feel that, having made a poor choice in where to rent from, I "deserved to get screwed". I disagree. There is still a difference between Right and Wrong.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: August 08, 2006 12:41PM

Not at all Mr. Cooke. I couldnt care less who you rent from and sure dont want to see anyone get $crewed but theres a limit to how many times you need to read the same exact post and I know I could just avoid your posts. Sad that it happened but enough. I think we all got your message by now.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |