The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
jewlery
Posted by: sabwjz (---.dsl.wotnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: August 08, 2005 01:29AM

My wife has already warned me that this time it's her turn to buy some jewelery in SXM. (I got a nice watch in Jamaica last year) So needless to say I'm or should I say our bank account is in big trouble LOL! Just wondering what types of jewelery are considered best buys in SXM ie silver, gold, diamonds ect.. I've already seen the many posts reccomending various jewelers, just trying to find the best value for the money and maybe do a little comparison shopping at home before we buy in SXM. Thanks for the input. Less than a month to go! Can't wait to hit the Greenhouse for Lobster night and enjoy the great hospitality of SXM!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jewlery
Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: August 08, 2005 05:02AM

Besides knowing what is best to shop for, and where to shop for it, I've seen some discussion as to "when" to shop also. I think some feel it is proven to best buy on certain days and times so hopefully someone knowledgable will know.

Posted by: tom (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 08, 2005 07:51AM

YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR JEWLER.. NOT ALWAYS AS EASY AS IT SEEMS,HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE ISLAND SINCE 63,OVER THE YEARS YOU WEED OUT THE BAD.. WOULD RECOMEND FINDING ONE Y O U CAN TRUST !!! THE PAST 10 YEARS WE HAVE USED BALLERINA BY THE COURTHOUSE IN CENTER OF PBURG. ASK FOR RAVI,HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR YEARS,ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE STAFF AND OWNERS. WE HAVE NO FINACIAL GAIN IN THIS RECOMENDATION OTHER THAN YOU GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK, THEY STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING THEY SELL!!!!! TELL THEM TOM AND MARI FROM S.C. SAID HELLO.. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY ALL THE ISLAND HAS TO OFFER!!!!!

Posted by: Caribchick (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 08, 2005 10:22PM

I buy my jewelry at Splash. I have been very happy with my pieces and have recommended others there too. Nobody is ever disappointed.

Tell them Cathy from NY (Tanzanite Cathy) says hi!

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 09, 2005 05:22PM

An educated consumer is the best consumer. Do your homework.
I'd highly recommend Sam @ Kay's Jewelers ( no, not Kay's from here ). Sam is an honest gentleman and will bend over backwards to be accomodating!! If you don't see what you want he'll get it for you!!
Good Luck!
xoxo
Contessa

Posted by: WWII (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2005 09:35PM

I have also been happy with my relations with Splash.

Posted by: RicknGrace (170.61.20.---)
Date: August 10, 2005 12:22PM

We have been very happy purchases made at DK Gems where we deal with Depti. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. We have also been happy at Kay's where we have dealt with Sonia.

Posted by: D White (---.gambrl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 10, 2005 10:07PM

We travel abroad a couple times a year and it is always wonderful to purchase a trinket to top off the trip. We love the island and made many purchases fro Primero Fine Jewelry on Front Street. Imagine our disappointment in the airport when I realized my quality ring no longer had a stone. They will not respond to our emails or phone calls. Sort of left with a bad taste after a week in paradise. Tourist don't like to be taken advantage of-

Posted by: susie (---.lkwnny.adelphia.net)
Date: August 10, 2005 10:22PM

If you want authentic St. Martin sea glass jewelry, let me know. We found BEAUTIFUL glass. We just got home on Monday. WE LOVE ST. MARTIN!

Posted by: Carolyn (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 12, 2005 10:38PM

We have been going to the island for the last 18 years, 2 or 3 times a year. We spent 4 weeks in January their, and will be spending 5 weeks this comming January. We just picked my grandchildren up at the airport today returning from St. Maarten. The only jewelry store I do my shopping in is Jewels by Love in Marigot. I have never been disappointed with anything I have bought from him and he stands behind his merchandise. Milan Love's wife also has designed many one of a kind pieces for me ( from very expensive to not as expensive). We are now 3 generations in our family that purchase jewelry from Love. Tell him Carolyn from New York recommeded him.
Have a great time and enjoy paradise.

Posted by: annie (---.frtprk01.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2005 10:57AM

Carolyn...I agree with you about Love and Milan. Fantastic people and we have dealt with them for about 15 years now and have never been disappointed. Love's dauther Aarti has designed some lovely pieces, also.

Annie

Posted by: nick shadlin (---.carats.net)
Date: December 15, 2005 06:34PM

Carolyn,
We've been going to the island since forever, and have only shopped at Zhaveri Jewelers. The owner there is Deepu Budhrani, and he has always treated us fairly. It is the relationship that you develop, and the comfort level that becomes important. We feel good dealing with him, and they have always followed up with service. Have fun, and enjoy the weather! I wish I could be there right now, especially with the weather we've been having!

Posted by: spike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 15, 2005 08:06PM

See Deepak at Royal Caribbean...great guy, wonderful family, very low key (a la no pressure to buy !!). He has a small store and adveritises very little..thue...compartitively low overhead which results in savings on quality jewelry for me and you. I'm not one to advertise for anyone on SXM, however, he has become a very good friend...even when we're not shopping we stop in at least twice each year to say hi and to enjoy his hospitality. Like nickshadlin said...it's all qabout relationships.

Posted by: judy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 24, 2006 09:02PM

i like majesty jewlers ask for sam

Posted by: sandra (72.252.15.---)
Date: April 01, 2006 04:58PM

I suppose everyone has their favourites. I have shopped with Ray's jewelers for about 4 years and have gotten amazing service. the lock on my diamond bracelet broke after about 8 months of wearing it and they replaced it with a brand new bracelet and told me to bring the broken one down to sxm on our next trip. And best of all at no cost to me whatsoever.

now that is service. Ray's Jewelrs has me as a customer for life.

Sandra bates

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |