The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: ronbogfla (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 09:05PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Reading all the comments looks liket he best bet is just to go to the club and buy a shirt with the logo and the same with Aguilla with the wife and shop and relax for the rest of the week?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ANGEL (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 28, 2009 09:25PM

HAS ANYONE PLAYED MULLET BAY IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS WILL BE IN ST MAARTEN IN MAY.
WOULD LIKE TO PLAY A ROUND IF CONDITIONS ARE OK.

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: April 29, 2009 08:15AM

bEST MAKE that decision when you get there. Its a course with a good layout but not maintained at all and no watering system so if its been dry the golf will totally stink. If its been rainy its a better days golf.

Posted by: SXM (200.7.48.---)
Date: April 29, 2009 10:43AM

As to the above it has been extremely dry the last several months so the course is brown and dry. Have had some rain in last several days so maybe some improvement coming.

Posted by: delfigolf (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: June 30, 2009 01:05PM

can anybody tell me the corrct email-adress for greenfee-reservation at Mullet bay golf?

Posted by: Anita (---.hsd1.de.comcast.net)
Date: September 18, 2009 02:35PM

We are spending Thanksgiving week in St. Maarten and would like to bring clubs and play Mullet Bay. Such mixed reviews makes it hard to decide. Is it possible to go to another island for golf? Is the cost outrageous?

Posted by: mikentara (---.152.54.158.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: September 18, 2009 04:15PM

St. Kitts has a reasonable golf course.
Fly over in am and return pm.
Flight is cheap, but the taxes are killer!
Play Mullet. It's a fun layout with bushy greens, but it works for us.
Google St. Maarten Golf Association for more info.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 19, 2009 11:16AM

Anita,

To add to and expound on what has already been said, St. Kitts is a nice day trip if you want to golf in more pristine conditions but it won't be cheap - but when is golf ever?

Factor in the flight/transportations expenses along with the golf fees themselves and lunch and all, and the departures fees and taxes and it becomes an expensive day. We haven't been to St. Kitts recently but they took their golfing very seriously in years gone by. If you have time afterwards, St. Kitts is one very beautiful island with a lot to see and experience. Beaches aren't up to the level of SXM IMO, but the general scenery surpasses that of SXM and is, again IMO, extraordinary and well worth the trip even w/o the golfing.

Back to Mullet. My SIL golfs at Mullet at least a few times every year and often times their spring trip to conincide with the St. Maarten open in April. The course itself isn't well maintained, has no watering system and the greens are usually a mess but if you hve a sense of humor and want to kick back, have some fun and play what once was one of the best courses in that part of the Caribbean, you'll probably enjoy it. And if you go knowing and decide to play anyway, you will definitely have a golfing story to share after the fact. He has fun with it every year and yes, he brings his clubs, although not his good ones, and he enjoys every round he plays as does my grandson.

If you choose NOT to go the St. Kitts route, truthfully, for one or two rounds on Mullet as it is today, I wouldn't recommend going to the trouble and expense of bringing clubs and yes, you can rent a set. That would be my best suggestion if only playing a round or two at Mullet.

And btw, we have a timeshare that overlooks much of the course and are there for 2 t 3 weeks a year over multiple seasons - people do play all day every day, guests and islanders alike, and they seem to have fun with it.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: enzolarosa (200.7.58.---)
Date: September 24, 2009 07:11PM

For those who love golf, although the course is nowhere near a normal golf course, it is very green now and somehow a bit more taken care of. Green are very much still under "par", and the holes close to Mullet bay beach still require you to hit the ball clean even on the fairways otherwise you get slowed down by quite a lot of sand hidden under the grass.

The course is the greenest I have seen since January.

Posted by: earl runde (---.gsv.md.atlanticbb.net)
Date: October 29, 2009 01:32PM

We will be visiting St. Martin in January and would like to know what the greens fees are. Thanks

Posted by: sam sim (---.stockton.ca.digitalpath.net)
Date: October 31, 2009 03:08PM

Plannng to be in the St martin / Anguilla region next April. Is Mullet bay still operating?. How about the courses in Anguilla? any progress on either being open then?

Posted by: enz olarosa (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: November 11, 2009 07:00PM

Green fee for SXM residents, with cart, is 75$ each player. No residents or Towers owners, I have no idea. Anguilla still well closed

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2009 07:21PM

Are they maintaining the course in Anguilla? Is the property up for sale? I'd like to know what the story is on that? Does anyone on here know?

Posted by: Tom (97.65.87.---)
Date: September 21, 2010 12:49PM

Hello,

I'll be in St. Maartens at the end of October and I'm curious if anyone has an update on the condition of the Mullet Bay course. Have any improvements been made since 2009??

Posted by: ANON (---.muf122.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: September 21, 2010 02:09PM

"I'll be in St. Maartens at the end of October and I'm curious if anyone has an update on the condition of the Mullet Bay course. Have any improvements been made since 2009??"

Improvements? Nope. But it has rained so maybe it will be green.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |