The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: October 06, 2008 12:50PM

It is the only course on the island. Can't tell you about conditions, but it was as green as it ever was last week. Beautiful!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 06, 2008 01:36PM

Mullet is the only course and there are times when playing is OK and then there are times when the course is very dry. An avid golfer who can't leave his/her clubs behind will find this course sufficient to get through the vacation but if an excellent course is the only way to go, then a trip to Anguilla to play the course there would have to be in the plans. Anguilla's new course is very expensive for tourists and I cannot guarantee that there would be tee times but to brag to friends about playing a great course, then this is something to consider.

I work for a private golf club that is in the top 10 in NJ and chuckle when I pass the Mullet course. I always think to myself, "If only our Golf Superintendent were to see this! He would faint."

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: maxine ciccarelli (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2008 10:10AM

Has anyone played the course at Mullet Bay since the hurricane Oct.16th.We are going to the island in Jan. and have heard the course is not playable

Posted by: MichaelD (---.dhcp-dynamic.ns.aliant.net)
Date: November 28, 2008 01:49PM

You will need a "serious" sand wedge. It will be awhile before they get it up to playing condition.

Maybe Elaine can look out her balcony and give you a better update

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 28, 2008 03:28PM

maxine,

Contrary to apparent popular opinion, the course as of 11/15 through 11/21, during the time we were on the island, WAS being played regularly.

The holes closest to the ocean, just the other side of the MB beach parking lot and up to the end of the MB property closest to Cupecoy were the most seriously hurricane Omar damaged holes and as of the time we were there, folks were starting to play those holes every day, too. As of those dates, the sand had mostly been removed from the grass and was piled along the edge of the beach there but it was a far cry from being in what you might call great shape. But then again, it really hasn't been in "great" shape since 1995.

We ran across a Scottish couple who played it almost every day they were there and said they had a great time playing even though it wasn't pristine. This made me chuckle a bit because I thought Scotland was one of those places known for it's incredible golf courses,so either these people had a great sense of humor or they really knew how to deal with the half full glass.

In any event, yes, you should be able to play in January. If you're looking for Pebble Beach, don't bother. And sorry to say, I have no clue as to the rates.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Elaine (---.54-244.caribserve.net)
Date: November 29, 2008 06:49PM

Yep, they're out there playing every day!

Posted by: richard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 23, 2008 05:44PM

Am going to SXM end of January and am interested in the condition of the golf course at mullet bay, and would appreciate any pictures if possible
Many thanx

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 24, 2008 10:49AM

I don't have pictures and I didn't play the course, but when we were there earlier this month, there were quite a few people on the course. A lot of sand everywhere, but other than that it looked pretty much like it always does. Again, just what I could see while driving through the area.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: December 24, 2008 11:01AM

REGARDing golf I know theres a course on Anguila and that its very expensive but is it open? Read todays paper quick and not sure what exactly they were saying about the course there. Could it be closed or does anybody know? Or is closed to anyone but the people and guests of Anguila.

Posted by: markhan (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: December 24, 2008 08:44PM

Course in Anguilla is currently closed. Article in paper today said that Anguilla officials are going to try to talk the owner, Robert F.X Sillerman, into re opening.

Posted by: richard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 04, 2009 12:46PM

Looking for info about the condition of the golf course and current greens fees,
as I am heading to sxm in about 2 weeks. Thanks

Posted by: john m (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: January 15, 2009 09:31PM

Was in St Maarten jan 6th thru 12th 2009. Played Mullet Bay twice. Price was $100 first time and $90 next time. Price includes cart. Club rental was $30. I live in Ohio so the ability to play in winter was great. We truly enjoyed ourselves. Not in great shape but great golf fix for sure. Aguilla course was closed($300-$400)per round. Those who complain about price.......come on its vacation in paradise!

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 24, 2009 10:57AM

It always amazes me to think that 20 years ago it was $100 to play (and in good shape them) and they still charge $100 to play on the pathetic thing they call a golf course

Posted by: Fraser (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: February 06, 2009 09:41AM

Please advise the approximate annual membership costs if that arrangement exists.

FM

Posted by: mikentara (---.153.5.48.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: February 06, 2009 11:31AM

You can join the St. Maarten Golf Association for about $50.00 a year.
They do have a website and it gives you discounted green fees and they have monthly golf tournaments for charity and there is a large group who are members.
They have the OPEN in May, I think, and they also schedule away golf to other islands like St. Kitts & Anguilla.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |