The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: Philip (---.morristown-01-02rs.nj.dial-access.att.net)
Date: April 26, 2000 06:47PM

Would like to know how the golf is at Mullet Bay ? Cost per round, can you walk or carts only . Is there a rate for guest's staying at the Towers at Mullet Bay

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: WWII (141.254.18.---)
Date: April 27, 2000 04:36PM

Golf course is just ok. Conditions vary greatly depending on the weather. If it rains, its green, if not it gets very brown and dry. Greens are generally slow, but fairly smooth. A couple of holes along the beach still had some sand on the fairways (in early March). Rate for Towers quests are approx $53/ person, including cart. Carts are required. They are in generally poor condition, but get around. Hope this helps.

Re: Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: Cindy (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2007 11:17AM

Does Mullet Bay golf course rent clubs? Cost?

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2007 03:53PM

Yes, but don't know the cost

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 01, 2007 07:17PM

Cindy,

As you've already heard, they do rent clubs and the course isn't the greatest but as of last week it was very green, mowed and a lot of people were playing daily while we were there. I did feel a little sorry for those guests who had actually lugged their clubs down but I'm sure they were happy to be playing.

They have limited carts and we saw a lot of people walking the course and pulling their clubs.

I can't help you with the general prices since we golf for free, if we choose to golf at all, but I did overhear another guest complaining because the rates for a Towers owner or guest had gone up to $90. for 18 holes. When hubby plays it generally costs him $45. for cart and club rentals but I don't know the exact breakdown and that is the rate for a Charter Towers owner.

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: JBF (---.sub-75-197-2.myvzw.com)
Date: December 21, 2007 11:37AM

To anyone who is planning to play at Mullet Bay: I have not been there in 11 months, but it is not worth whatever they are charging....and when I was there in Jan 07 they did not take VISA or AMEX. Course is worse than "just OK". If you must play and do not want to go to Anguilla, you can get your golf "fix" at Mullet Bay but beware of the high grass in the fairways, the slowness of the greens and the beach traffic that walks across a couple of the holes to get from parking to the beach and back! I am going to pass this year and sked another vacation at a golf resort in Feb.

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 21, 2007 08:06PM

Whatever. We play a few times each March, as our course is still snow covered. It gets the golf muscles moving again before our course opens. As Towers owners, we do get a reduced rate. I have always paid with a Visa card,

Re: RE: Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: Jake (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 03, 2008 09:32AM

Can you tell me how the course was on December when you played. I am heading there in Feb and want to play a little while I am there.

Thanks

Posted by: mikentara (---.152.54.129.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: January 18, 2008 12:43PM

We played last week. They had just recently mowed fairways for a Golf Tournament. Very green and lush. Greens still a bit bumpy. They only have 8 carts so when they are taken, you must walk. Maybe for the first 9 holes only.
But, they will charge you as for 18. The course was getting alot of play in the mornings. It's a nice diversion from lounging/beaching all day.

Posted by: Marc (---.prudential.com)
Date: June 09, 2008 02:29PM

Does anyone have a recent update on Mullet Bay Golf Course?
We are planniong on playiong the course in July 2008.
Is is worth the money???

Posted by: kim (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: June 09, 2008 02:40PM

if they get rain, worth playing, if they don't still fun, but very, very dry!!

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: June 09, 2008 02:44PM

If your a died in the wool bonafide golfaholic its playable but this time of year many wouldn't waste there island time or hard earned $$ to play.

Posted by: Stefano (---.uninet-ide.com.mx)
Date: September 10, 2008 12:34PM

What is the current condition of the Mullet Bay Golf Course?
How much does it currently cost?

Posted by: johnt (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 11, 2008 12:28PM

Believe it is around $100 with cart (but then again that is what it was 20 years ago too)

Posted by: Aristidis (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 06, 2008 12:46PM

Going to St. Maarten at the end of October and want to play. Is Mullet bay the only course in St. Maarten. Has anybody played recently and if so how is the course?

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |