- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: penal island?
Posted by: mgh56 (---.usfamily.net)
Date: January 15, 2008 06:26PM

Where is the closest (fairly large) grocery store from the Cupecoy area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mgh56 (---.usfamily.net)
Date: January 15, 2008 06:51PM

sorry for my previous question in this thread.

Posted by: tom adams (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2008 10:59PM

we are coming to st maartin in one week. thinking about visiting pinel island. is there any other activities other than snorkeling? wave runners, para sailing etc? in a previous post someone wrote there was no electricity.does that mean there is no cold beer? any advice would be appreciated thanks

Posted by: mcinnamon (---.dsl.ipltin.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 03, 2008 06:42PM

There is definititely electricity on Isle Pinel. What there isn't is water sports. There won't be any parasailing and the only wave runners I've seen there, I don't think were for rent. They were near the Karibuni restaurant and were, to the best of my knowledge, private.

Pinel is best for a relaxing day away from the busy Orient Beach crowds. Nice beach, calm water, three nice restaurants to choose from, and an easy water taxi ride (available every half hour) from Cul de Sac. If you want more action, stay on Orient.

mc

Posted by: freedomfighter (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2008 08:54AM

To clarify a couple of things, each restaurant has their own large generator to provide electricity. No power lines from the mainland.

The secluded beach is C/O. Last trip all 3 couples were nude. Many make the hike to this beach so that they can "do it" on the beach. To reach the secluded beach,
go to Karibuni restaurant & ask for directions. You will hike up the hill behind the restaurant, then turn left & hike down to the beach. You'll need shoes for the hike & water shoes to go in the water. We didn't have our masks & fins, but it looked like a great place to snorkle. BTW, we had a great lunch at Karibuni.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |