The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

St. Martin after the storm
Posted by: lancebrown (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 09, 2017 11:46AM

We have been patiently waiting to hear from Barb, Gert, Phillipe or any full time residents of the island. We know that internet, phone and power are spotty. Are all the "regulars" O.K.? Is life beginning to normalize? All of our prayers are with you!!
We have been coming to the island annually, for a week, since 2007. We usually rent a private villa, and have stayed in Simpson Bay, Dawn Beach, Terre Basses, Cupecoy and Grande Case. For 2017, we had already rented a 2-bedroom condo @ the Blue Mall.
Immediately after Irma, we contacted the property manager. She allowed us to transfer our reservation from 12/17 to 12/18, @ no additional charge.
Does anyone believe that the island will not be sufficiently recovered by 12/18?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St. Martin after the storm
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 15, 2017 10:41AM

hi lancebrown
I just saw your post. My internet has been on and off , more off. so I didn;t see it earlier.
Phillipe no longer lives on the island.
Gert is in the Antarctic although I have been in touch with him. There are lots of SXM updates on the stromcarib.com page.
what can I say? Irma hit SXM with a wallop. Everything is pretty much damaged or destroyed.
I will say that in 6 -7 weeks we have come a long way. We are cleaning up. businesses slowly are opening. Water and electricity has been restored in many places, but not all, of course.
Unfortunately many of the major hotels have announced they will not be open until April 2018.
We will definitely be recovered by 12/18.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: lancebrown (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2017 10:52AM

Barb,

What a relief to hear from you! Glad you, and the island, have survived. I look forward to seeing our beautiful island in 2018.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2017 09:06AM

we will be here, lance. we are raggedy and bruised now, but we are coming back. each day gets a little better

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: FloydKel (173.239.197.---)
Date: October 28, 2017 04:11AM

Glad to hear you guys are recovering, even if it's slowly. Keep it up!

Posted by: williamgutierrez (---.wateen.net)
Date: January 26, 2021 04:06AM

Glad to hear ...

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |