The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
fishing st martin
Posted by: indytom (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 06:13AM

i will be in st martin in early june, 7th thru 14th to be exact. I am interested in fishing there has anyone had any experience with any of the localcharter captains. is there anyone you would recomend and anyone you would steer clear of. since i am staying at the royal palm the simpson bay area is the area i am looking to leave from. also what is caught during that time of year.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fishing st martin
Posted by: Carolyn&Walt (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 12:53PM

My son and his family used Rudy in March. They went out twice. First time caught 3 baracudas. Second time was March 19, the day the huge waves came in. They didn't catch anything and the seas were very rough. I had heard beforehand that it is not unusual to have no luck fishing in SXM, so my avid fisherman grandson(8) was prepared. He had previously gone out in Bermuda and Puerto Rico where the fishing was great. Regardless of the catch, they had a good time and enjoyed Rudy. I can't remember his website, something like rudysdeepseafishing. He answers pretty quickly, so if you don't hear back in a day or so, check your spam filters or send him an email.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 05, 2008 03:26PM

Right across the street is Lee's Roadside restaurant. Ypou cna book charters there. lee is one of the best.

Posted by: lisa (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 06, 2008 08:07PM

Careful with Lee's though, they overcharge and whatever you catch, they take but give you one for dinner, you should be able to take whatever you catch but that's how rest. make a profit.... use you as bait to catch the fish and charge you...

Posted by: johnnyo (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2008 06:44PM

I also went out once with lees and caught a nice Tuna, I was pissed that he took it all 160 lbs worth!! all I got was a couple of stakes after a little arguing, Next time I will research better for a charter

Posted by: Lyn Howard (---.52-118.caribserve.net)
Date: April 09, 2008 09:40PM

I can certainly recommend Capt Howard and his boat Reel Play. We had a great time on his boat and he has all the latest equipment. He's got years of experience, so knows his stuff. Check him out - his website is www.bluereefcharters.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2008 09:41PM by Lyn Howard.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 10, 2008 05:58AM

Lyn Howard,

Just mildly curious but judging by your name, would it be reasonably save to assume you have a vested interest in this boat?

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: irina (---.z169-104-66.customer.algx.net)
Date: April 10, 2008 12:56PM

Pat,
She's on island. She has Caribserve as her ISP.
Cheers
irina
Curious, do the other charters let you keep your catch?

Posted by: Terry (---.c3-0.nyw-ubr3.nyr-nyw.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: April 19, 2008 02:54PM

I'm also planning atrip to St. Martin for the end of May. Anyone have tips for shore fishing?

Posted by: Shea (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: April 22, 2008 01:05AM

I highly recommend Capt. Paul Ellinger. My friend and I had the pleasure of meeting him when visiting St. Maarten last week and he took very good care of us. He has a lovely boat - the Natalie kate, is very experienced and seems to know just about everyone on the island! His email is emac@caribserve.com.

fishing st martin off the shore
Posted by: Heather (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: May 13, 2009 06:41PM

I am going to St. MAartens at the end of this month. I have no interest on a charter boat. Im into fihing off shore. I would love more informaiton on where to fish off shore and what type of bait to use. Even where to buy bait and tackle on the island Pleasae email me with any respoces. I would really apreciate it.
Thanks for your time in advance,
Heather
hcuellar707@yahoo.com

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2009 10:25PM

I spoke with some guys that fish off shore from simpson bay beach, between Mary's Boon and Karacters. Nice guys, they can give you lots of info. They show up before sundown.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2009 10:00AM

do you know what they fish for there?

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: WWII (12.178.173.---)
Date: May 17, 2009 09:44PM

I forgot all the types of fish mentioned. Shark, bonefish, barracuda.

fishing st martin
Posted by: Jack (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 13, 2009 11:09AM

Great Info regarding fishing.

What about renting a small boat, like a 13' Boston Whaler.

I navigated to a site which turned out to be a "bait & switch." "Sorry, no whalers," after publishing they had 4 to 6 for rent, plus a 17' footer.

Where can you rent a skiff just to tool around the near shore?

Thanks any and all advice.

Jack -- visiting end of Nov 2009

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |