The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Inn Sitting Trip Report - May 2012
Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stl2mo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 03, 2012 05:24PM

Inn Sitting SXM Trip Report – May 2012

In sight - [i216.photobucket.com]
Almost down - [i216.photobucket.com]
Offered a chance to take care of Turquoise Shell Inn while owner, Carter left the Island to visit his mom for Mother's Day. First three days were training on procedures and duties, then I was on my own for four days. Following Carter's return it was two days of debriefing and one day for myself. I rented a car for that last day from Angela @ Horizon Car Rental. Hunydi L10 - Delivered to TSI and picking me up at 6am and taking me to airport - $25.00 plus taxes.
I enjoyed breakfast a couple days at Bagel House on Airport road. Once with Elaine, Bill, and Annie. Another day with Jeannie of Shop N Drop Grocery Service.
Lunch was usually left overs.
Dinners and Happy Hours were places within walking distance of Turquoise Shell Inn.
The Palms (3) – Met owner/chef Greg. Enjoyed his “Drunken Ribs” [i216.photobucket.com] His Jerk Beef Wrap - [i216.photobucket.com] and his Lasagna - [i216.photobucket.com] Here's Greg's Menu - [i216.photobucket.com]
The cast and crew of a reality show about the daily life of a mega yacht crew which had been filmed in Simpson Bay and marina were having their final dinner one night while I ate at The Palms.
White Flag (4) – Great place for a really good drink and food. And high enough that mosquitoes don't bother you. Love the smoked beef. [i216.photobucket.com] This is their dinner plate serving with salad and Guava Martini. Really tender and tasty smoked beef. [i216.photobucket.com]
Food is prepared by Chef Cassandra - [i216.photobucket.com]
White Flag has added more sunroof and wind screens increasing to the enjoyment up there. - [i216.photobucket.com] Here's a look at part of owner Natalian's menu - [i216.photobucket.com]
I enjoyed drinks there with Elaine, Bill, and Annie. Another night with John and Cyndi of Tijon - [i216.photobucket.com] . Also got to see Cyndi's new birthday tattoo. According to Cyndi, you have to be a certain age to get this [i216.photobucket.com]
Also had drinks and tapas with Jess, who Blogs -An American in SXM. [i216.photobucket.com] , [i216.photobucket.com] , [i216.photobucket.com]. We shared the smoked beef bruscetta, [i216.photobucket.com] . There were really good.
SMYC (3)- A great place to hang out Happy Hour is St Maarten Yacht Club. Brian [i216.photobucket.com] is a great Bartender with a really good memory. Had a burger at the bar one night.
Drive In Pizza on Airport Rd. [i216.photobucket.com] Recent post says it's been sold. Here's their medium cheese pizza. [i216.photobucket.com] It was good for dinner one night plus a couple lunches.
Other places I ate were Harbour Queen for their ribs. Pineapple Pete's, for their Crème Brulee. Although too far to walk, my friend Larry and his wife Carol, who were on Island, picked me up.
On my last day I made a quick drive around the SXM with stops at the Marigot Market for some requested purchases.
Bernadine Ali's Rum and Spice Shop at Paradise View for some rum and a donation to help support her “friends”. [i216.photobucket.com]
A check on the Oyster Pond area with discovery of a new breakfast/lunch place called Pause Cafe just opened across from Captain Olivers entrance. [i216.photobucket.com] , [i216.photobucket.com]
There's Sports Bar opening right next to Dinghy Dock in the former Wine and Cheese place. Might be open by now or very soon.
A stop at OBBR to say hello to friends and to see their new sign, [i216.photobucket.com]
A few views of Simpson Bay from Turquoise Shell's front entrance -
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
It was a very short trip with certain limitations, but it was fun and we're doing it again in November.
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
[i216.photobucket.com]
Thanks Carter for the opportunity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Inn Sitting Trip Report - May 2012
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 03, 2012 06:49PM

what a great gig! Sounds like fun! and I bet you were very good at inn sitting too!
smileys with beer

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stl2mo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 03, 2012 08:01PM

Well, ...good enough Barb,that he's letting me do it again in November. Next time you'll have to come over and meet for dinner.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2012 09:30AM

that sounds good!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |