The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Relocating soon to SXM
Posted by: Oceanic5 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: April 22, 2012 06:15PM

I'm relocating from the US to SXM soon for a job, and I have a few general questions. I'm sure they have been asked before (I apologize), but I cannot find a wealth of recent information.

I currently have Sprint for cell phone coverage. What carrier seems to be the best on the island? I've seen people mention Digicell and Telcell. I will be spending a lot of time between all of the islands for work, and also some time in South America, so I need to consider a variety of international fees. I plan on using Skype to some degree. I also need a new phone, so I suppose I should wait and get it on the island?

I haven't chose a place to live yet, but does there seem to be a preferred area for younger and single adults? I'm a 30 year old male. If possible, I prefer to walk most places and be near food, bars, and cafes. I will be working near the airport.

Thank you for the information. Anything else you think might be helpful that people often overlook would be very appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Relocating soon to SXM
Posted by: Ita (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 24, 2012 01:15PM

Hi,
You should live in the Simpson Bay area. We used to live at the Simpson Bay Yacht Club and walk to many bars, restaurants, chinese grocery stores etc.
Could even walk to Kim Sha beach.
It's gated and safe.
And if you are going to be working at the airport, you definitely need to be on that side of Cole Bay Hill.
Cheers
irina

Re: Relocating soon to SXM
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2012 03:33PM

yep, I agree

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |