The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Water taxi to Anguilla
Posted by: Lori (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: July 15, 2006 07:55AM

Were to you go to take the water taxi to Anguilla? I assume you can rent a taxi once you get there to go to the beach? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water taxi to Anguilla
Posted by: WWII (141.254.43.---)
Date: July 15, 2006 12:36PM

Marigot

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 15, 2006 01:20PM

Marigot, on the waterfront. ferries run approximately evry 1/2 hour. when you leave Immigration in Anguilla, there are taxis right there that you can rent.

Posted by: BarbJ (---.35-65.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 15, 2006 06:53PM

Your taxi driver will take you to the beach, Shoal Bay being absolutely gorgeous, and you pay him/her at the end of the day when you are returned to Blowing Point port. It always works for us. Bring your passport.

Posted by: scottie (---.rcc.org)
Date: July 15, 2006 06:54PM

Go to Shoal Bay East and make sure you eat some lunch at Uncle Ernies

Posted by: Lori (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: July 16, 2006 07:49AM

One more question, can you bring a cooler with you?

Thanks

Posted by: BarbJ (---.35-65.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 16, 2006 07:57PM

They may check your cooler at customs/immigration at Blowing Point Port, but I don't think there will be any problem. I'm pretty sure we did the same.

Posted by: indyfire (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 20, 2006 05:22PM

How much does it cost?

Posted by: spike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 20, 2006 10:51PM

Was $35 pp 2 years ago.

Posted by: chrob69 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2006 02:22PM

it depends what your destination is. RE:cost. the taxi's have zone rates the closer you are to your departure at blowing point the cheaper it will be. forget about uncle ernies! if you want some good food and music travel to gwens on sunday for some awesome reggae and great food. also located on shoal bay.

lunch trip to Anguilla
Posted by: jmil (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 02:20PM

As a surprise for our anniversary, I'm taking my wife on a cruise that stops in St. Martin. Thought it would be a nice idea to have lunch in Anguilla being that it is so close. Do you think we'll have enough time for lunch at one of Anguilla's gorgeous beaches? If so, which one? We'll reach St. Martin at 7am & will depart at 5pm. I wasn't sure if immigration would let us in just for lunch and to take in the beach. It's our first time. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: lunch trip to Anguilla
Posted by: ilovedivi (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2011 02:51PM

Time would be very tight. I wouldn't try it.

Posted by: Mathieu (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: February 02, 2011 04:39PM

If the SXM - Anguilla - SXM ferry times work in your favour, or you charter a private water taxi (if available) you should have no problem going over to say, Shoal Beach, then somewhere nice for lunch, then head back to SXM. Sorry can't suggest any eateries as I haven't been recently, but have been before, and recall a beautiful thatched restaurant surrounded by shallow turquoise water (you could wade to it) from which they pull fresh live lobsters to be cooked as you wish.
If the ferry times don't work for you, your time may be tight.
I'd also recommend hiring a private taxi for the day to drive you around (from ferry dock to the beach to the lunch spot and back to the ferry), so as not to waste time finding your way around whilst driving on the left. There are usually lots waiting for hire when you get off the ferry.
Anguilla is British so you'll need to take your passports with you. There are dozens of day trippers every day from SXM so they won't care if you're only going for lunch.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |