The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Saba or Anguilla...if you only have a day
Posted by: Kimbere (---.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 05, 2010 11:18PM

Okay, here's my next question. Trying to decide where to go for a day trip off SXM. Was decided on Anguilla, but it's sounding like a hassle...especially since we are only going to chill on the beach for the day. I was doing a bit of research and Saba sounds nice, and easier all the way around. What do you all think?? grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Saba or Anguilla...if you only have a day
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 06, 2010 06:01AM

Have been to both....Saba has NO beaches, Anguilla does. Great snorkeling at Saba and lot more to sightsee. Anguilla mainly beaches. Depends on what you want to do....sand gravity or sightsee.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2010 08:27AM

two different destination:
Anguilla, certainly the most beautiful and pristine beach in this part o the world...
Saba, switzerland in Caribbean

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 06, 2010 07:51PM

Kimbere,

I've day-tripped to both and over-nighted at both and here's my thought on the two - if you can bear to tear yourself away from a day on the beach, I'd opt for Saba. It's beautiful and pristine and much as St. Maarten/St. Martin was thirty years ago. We took the Edge out of Pelican Marina (I didn't have a problem with it but many on the boat did) as a part of a packaged tour that included a minivan tour of the island with photo ops, time for shopping (which is actually fairly limited on the island) and a lunch break with a gourmet lunch included. Our van took us to The Queens' Garden Inn and lunch on their terrace was enough to tell us both we had to come back and do an over-night there. We did eventually and it, too, was quite lovely and stands out in my mind as an incredible opportunity to see something of the Caribbean besides more beaches. The island is incredibly clean and neat and well maintained and the photo ops really are awesome.

We also have done countless trips to Anguilla and love the beaches there, particularly Shoal Bay East. If you want to try another islands' beaches, these are beautiful but they are more ocean and sand albeit spectacular, both. We've gotten into the habit of giving up a few SXM days and overnighting there often during our April trip. The beaches are incredible but Saba is, too, and the vistas are spectacular.

Tough choice so good luck.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2010 07:57PM

pat Wrote about Saba:
-------------------------------------------------------
The island is incredibly clean and neat and well maintained and the photo ops really are awesome....
...and the vistas are spectacular.
-------------------------------------------------------

Which is why I defined it as "Switzerland in Caribbean" winking smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 07:58PM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 06, 2010 08:47PM

Philippe,

Knowing you and knowing Saba, I got your reference right away. I wasn't sure others who might not know either one would, but with the combined posts, there should be no room for doubt, right?

Hope all's good with you and that the summer season is enough to keep you hopping.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Kimbere (---.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 09, 2010 04:08PM

Oh boy!! I was thinking Saba would be a relaxing beach day. Sounds more like the type of place to explore. Although it's probably much less of a hassle to get to, I think we'll stick with our plan of spending the day at Shoal Bay on Anguilla. grinning smiley Better plan to set the alarm clock for an early start that day. I guess we might have time to nap before dinner on that day, since we have to head back early on the ferry. cool smiley

Thanks for the input everyone!! 12 days till paradise and counting....

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 09, 2010 04:46PM

you dont have to head back so early on the fery
I think the last ferry back is around 5:30 PM

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |