The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

New to St Martin, need help!
Posted by: hansyp (---.w90-63.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: July 27, 2010 05:31PM

Hi all,

I just moved to St Martin with my family (a husband and a 4yr old boy). My husband got a job offer and we just arrived here yesterday. We are looking for a place to live. It has to have at least 2 bedrooms and in the French Side. I don't care if it's near the beach or not. Our budget is $1,250.00 Euro. We visited a few real state agencies and there aren't many places to choose from. If anybody has info on an apartment or house it would be greatly appreciated. We are also looking for a private school for our son (4 yrs old), apparently the public schools have no openings for his age. Lastly I would love to have information on a good baby sitter. I would like to go out at night and leave my son with a baby sitter, but since I don't know anybody here it would be hard for me to just leave him with anybody. If you know of a good person that can baby sit, that would be perfect. Thanks a lot for the help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to St Martin, need help!
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2010 07:10PM

Public schools on the french side are usually schooling the kids who live in the neighborhood, so I beleive you will need to find a home firts then with all the document pertaining to your residency and your proof of adress, you will certainly be abble to put your boy into the public school of your area! I am not totally sure but almost sure it is the way it works.
Regarding Real estaate, try Suncity in Marigot, next to the tourism office behind Air caraibe. There are many and many agency on the island. What you can also do is to read the adds in the St Martin's weeks, you may find something there. It is a good period to find since many people are moving out before or during the summer... Even though I don't like them very much, check also with Foncia Cap Caraibe real estate in Orient Bay Village.
Good Luck and welcome to St Martin!

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: jkaye (---.ip.mcleodusa.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 04:41PM

HI HANSPY,

CHECK OUT THE ORIENT BAY VILLAGE. LOTS OF VILLA AND APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT.

JUST WALK OR RIDE THRU THE VILLAGE AND YOU WILL SEE FROM THE TOP OF THE ROAD DOWN TO THE BEACH.

WHAT A VIEW!!!!!

Posted by: hansyp (---.w90-63.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: July 30, 2010 10:03PM

Thanks for the replies. We found a nice apartment in Orient Bay, still doing all the documentation. It has been really hard to complete it since they require so many documents. I am crossing my fingers that we will move next week. I am dealing with Foncia in Orient Bay, the guy taking care of us seems really nice. Let's see how it goes.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |