The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Vegetation
Posted by: TheGoat (---.versanet.de)
Date: June 15, 2010 12:53PM

Hello my name is Sebastian, i´m from Germany and I would like to know if cannabis is part of the vegetation of sint maarten.
My obsession is someday to life there, and i just want to know if i can pick up some cannabis by a walk around or something else.

Thanx for your answer´s and dear greetz from Germany

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegetation
Posted by: jimandi (---.pbtcomm.net)
Date: June 15, 2010 01:17PM

How nice. You want to grow your own hemp to make a hammock...............SDS

Posted by: TheGoat (---.versanet.de)
Date: June 15, 2010 01:27PM

no that´s not my opinion.
i just wan´t to know if cannabis grow´s there naturally or do i need to have dealer there?
i don´t want to sell it or something else.
it would be just for me.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: June 15, 2010 03:15PM

Well, well, well.... before closing this one I thought I was going to give it a shot! LOL....So I sent an inquire to Papa Rasta, the sxm commissioner of agriculture affairs, and he told me that in St Maarten, like almost all over the world, including Germany, it was not allow to grow canabis because of the following reasons...: The weather is certainly propice to it but unfortunatly for the farmers we have some sort of very intrusive bugs that we call "narcotic cops" and are very destructive of the fields, and this make them furious which could be proven to be very uncomfortable to the farmer, who usually end up locking himself in a cell for few years for his own protection.
So to answer the OP question: No it doesn't grow up naturally in the ditches alongside our beautiful road under the shadow of flamingo trees, and "No", you can't grow it yourself in your own yard for the reason Papa Rasta told me here above!
Neitherless, I thought it was extremly dangerous for a goat to eat this type of weeds!!! grinning smileyeye rolling smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 03:17PM by Tabba Khady.

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |