The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Joe's Jewelry
Posted by: genealogist (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 11:13AM

While searching the Internet I found a topic with negative comments about Joe's Jewelry, that while closed, I believe warrants a response.

My wife and I have been coming to St. Maarten for many years and now we ALWAYS shop exclusively at Joe's. We have almost always dealt with Sam, the manager at 66 Front Street, except twice when he was in India. He and the other salesmen we have dealt with have never PRESSURED us or tried to prevent us from leaving the store. Yes, they have suggested other pieces, but we know how to say "no" if the piece is not what we want.

We have purchased at least a dozen pieces of jewelry, mainly diamonds (earrings, pendants, & rings) over the years. EVERY TIME the appraisals made later here in the States were substantially HIGHER than what we paid, and the quality of both the workmanship and the stones was at least what the items were stated to be or higher.

Bottom line: We believe Joe's to be a trustworthy establishment, one we feel comfortable and secure in dealing with. We are both highly educated in jewelry and diamonds.

There are other stores to watch out for, but I will not bad-mouth them since our experiences were many years ago - they may have changed; we just don't deal with them any more - only with Joe's.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |