The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Chloe and Thierry in BALI....ex Kissing Fish.....Summit.
Posted by: BIGDENX (---.63.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: September 02, 2008 04:56PM

Hey!

We certainly will miss Chloe and Thierry at the Summit. As TS owners we have stayed there for a number of years and they were the high points of our stay. A number of forum parties hosted etc.

A long missive came yesterday from Bali. They are settled in a nice cottage and are exploring design and manufacturing of tropical furniture and clothing suitable for exporting to SXM. I'm sure they have contacts there who would market their creations. They have status as retired Americans for immigration purposes.

For the present they are making jewelry and exploring other opportunities to put "rice on the table"

No real reasons for their sudden decision to leave SXM but I imagine the owner of SUMMIT bought out their lease leaving them with some resources to relocate.

Personally, Indonesia and/or Bali aren't on our short list of places to visit. The politics are sketchy and the tourist biz is down.

As ever; we wish them well......but I'll miss the Grande Marnier banana pancakes and Thierry's morning serenades.

BIGDEN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chloe and Thierry in BALI....ex Kissing Fish.....Summit.
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 02, 2008 07:52PM

Denis,

Thanks for the update - it's nice to know they're doing well and happy with their move. They will most certainly be missed by so many of us who looked forward to touching base with them each year.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Dean (222.123.212.---)
Date: September 02, 2008 10:30PM

Good luck to them but it won't be easy. i live in Thailand and there are many foreigners that want to export furniture to the U.S. and Europe. It can't be much differnent in Indonesia. I've been to Bali twice, both before and after the Bali bombing, and while the people couldn't have been nicer and the island beautiful, its still dicy going there and I don't sthink that it will get better anytime soon. Good luck to them!

Posted by: rmart2 (---.belvoir.army.mil)
Date: September 04, 2008 06:27AM

It is my understanding that Chloe and Thierry sublet the KF. They were finalizing the agreement while we were there in July.

Thanks for passing along an update on their status.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 06:29AM by rmart2.

Posted by: ter (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 05, 2008 10:44AM

Thanks for the update---they will be missed!

We will be staying elsewhere on our next trip---

I wonder if they realized how many people would miss them and wish them well!! smiling smiley

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 06, 2008 07:04PM

I'm always amazed at people who can just 'chuck' their lives and move to somewhere different.....different cultures.....different languages. Now, that's an adventurer!! I think I'm adventerous but would never leave my family roots. Amazing!>grinning smiley<

smileys with beer Contessa

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 07, 2008 09:42AM

It's good to be an adventurer and not be afraid to leave behind some family roots or whatsoever. If you think about, America would not exist today if people didn't left theirs behind at one time. My family is that type, somehow, and I grew up that way... Now I feel I have roots on many places in the world, and on at least 4 continents...smiling bouncing smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Janet and Tom Holliday (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 08:13PM

Dennis,
My husband Tom and I have been TS owners at the Summit since 1991. We were 4th to sign a TS agreement there (Two weeks in #8 in November each year)! Chloe and Thierry were wonderful to us, planning and executing the renewal of our wedding vows for our 25th anniversary in 2002, and always making our stay special - they had a gift. She even wrote to let me know when Missy the cat died a few years ago. We were last there in November 2006, and I have always felt badly that Chloe and Thierry were off grocery shopping when we left and we didn't get to say goodbye. I wrote Chloe this summer when I heard she was leaving, but it may have been too late because I never heard back.

Will you please send her my email address and our names and tell her we would love to hear from them? It will mean a lot to me to keep up with my friends and inspiration! Thank you so much, Janet Holliday

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: October 31, 2008 09:05AM

Wow! Janet and Tom, Philippe (and William) here! We lost track of you years ago, after Lenny I think! I believe the last time we saw you was at our house when we were having our "after huricane Lenny parties" with all the Summit crowd for dinner and drinks (and laught )!!! Or am I wrong?...We are still in touch with most of the people though, like Cathy and Bob, Sally and Darell,etc... Good to hear from you

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Elaine (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 31, 2008 02:15PM

Janet

Chloe has not changed her email address. I know she was overwhelmed when she was leaving. Send another, I'm sure she will respond.

Posted by: BIGDENX (---.63-170.caribserve.net)
Date: October 31, 2008 05:22PM

Hey!

Try this..

[bestfrombali.com]

The old bar and decos are gone as of y'day.

Denis

Posted by: ter (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 31, 2008 07:23PM

Kissing Fish Bar

This is my favorite picture of them. I sent it to them a few years back and found it on the opening page of the website.

Posted by: johnt (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2008 11:49AM

Contessa I believe that Chloe has lived in Bali before if I am not mistaken

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |