The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

any great deals
Posted by: gotta go (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 01, 2008 10:01PM

since it sounds like a lot of people are not choosing to make their yearly trip to st martin, does anyone know if there are any great deals on hotels/villas to be had?
i've check out some sites, but it seems like the prices are the same or even more expensive. are there any private owners that want to rent and where would one find them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any great deals
Posted by: .Bruce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 01, 2008 10:23PM

The airfare is putting a damper on alot of peoples plans also ...what kind of place and where are you looking at

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2008 10:26PM

The pricing depends on what time of year you're looking to travel. The deals are usually gotten during the low season and it also depends on what you are looking to spend. Choosing the Westin sounds like you're willing to spend top dollar to vacation. I have read that it's a really nice resort but not typical to the tropical vacation one would imagine since the decor is typical of any Westin.

I can only recommend the Royal Islander in Maho and Rainbow Beach Club in Cupecoy. Both are very nice but one is a timeshare resort and the other is a condo/rental complex.

If you have any questions on either, post them and I'll try to help.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 02, 2008 08:24AM

Gotta to,
like you said "it sounds like a lot of people are not choosing to make their yearly trip to st martin", I would have said or add "it ONLY sounds like a lot..." because the statement is only based on discussion, emotionally motivated, going on on some specific forums, but realised that the population visiting or posting on those forums represent only a very small number and percentage of the overall island's visitors and there are hundred of thousands of people out there, who never heard of those board, and who are ready to come to sxm, taking also in consideration our great European clientele. Proof is that the reservations for the next season are booming, and the next season is announcing itself greatly which is why you see the prices you are talking about regarding hotel rates and rentals.
The only think who could really damage the economy on a short term period of time (and I mean between now and January...) it's if we get a bad storm... and unfortunatly they are lining up

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 08:28AM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 02, 2008 08:36AM

fall airfare is coming down, I booked my fall tickets back in June, and was happy to get about 500 a seat non-stop on Jet Blue, we always fly AA, but didn't like that I had a connection, so figured I'd try Jet Blue, just got off the phone with them, my seats came down 254 between the two tickets! They give you a credit for future travel with no deductions, booking flights for FLA at the end of the week for February, so basically have one ticket already paid for! Deals are out there, you just have to look!

Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 02, 2008 10:01AM

Phillippe, I agree the forum only represents a small number of travelers to SXM.Every trip I meet people who have been vacationing for many yrs on SXM and never heard of SXM forums.........As for deals you have to do a little detective work.There will be plenty of LAST MINUTE deals on air & hotels during the winter season too.Compared to yrs ago SXM the room rates are a bargin now.good luck

Posted by: tom2 (---.msn.com)
Date: September 02, 2008 10:53AM

Hi
i purchased four tickets 3 months ago from boston to sxm on US Air for $300.00 each including all taxes and included in that price was the departure tax. You wont get a price from the north as cheap as that now but may at the start of winter months on a last minute deal. I leave december 3rd.

Posted by: hofstetter (74.7.170.---)
Date: September 02, 2008 01:24PM

I wish Jet Blue would change their fly times to accomodate folks from the Midwest who are stuck with US Air or American.

I just got my tickets for next June and American rate was the same as two years ago ($600.00). You are stuck with either connecting through Miami or San Juan.

If you are flying out of San Jaun on the connection I would suggest the first morning flight because American really over books the connections and could have a problem getting on the plan even with a seat assignment.

Posted by: gottago (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2008 08:14PM

john, can you tell me more about the rainbow beach club? i have heard that this is nice. are these the condos?
we love the westin, but also like the caribbean flair type places. especially when in st martin! we have stayed in privte villas for the past 5 years but thought it would be fun to try a hotel/condo this time. plus the villas are very expensive and don't offer the amenities that the hotels do.
we usually go in oct-nov

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2008 08:24PM

Being that I am a condo owner, I would certainly be considered partial but I can tell you that as being an owner and in the rental pool, I am certainly pleased with the results. There are various levels of condos you can stay in, from the front building that has a direct view of the Caribbean (most expensive to rent), to the middle building which does not have much of any view, to the back building that from the 2nd floor and up can have beautiful views of the Caribbean as well.

I took photos of the place during our last trip and if you would like I can direct you to my website that has photos of the layout or you can go to their website which shows any additional info you would want to know. You can e-mail me at:

reikiofmaywood@verizon.net and I will direct you to those sites.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 08:25PM by John.

Posted by: johnt (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 04, 2008 10:26AM

AA has midweek airfare $124 each way JFK

Posted by: ChiTownHarry (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 05, 2008 05:56PM

hofstetter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish Jet Blue would change their fly times to
> accomodate folks from the Midwest who are stuck
> with US Air or American.

I booked a trip in Jan 2009 on Delta from Chicago for $366 including taxes. We have never had a flight to SXM as inexpensive as that before.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |