The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Health food store
Posted by: MDS (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 18, 2001 03:21PM

Will be heading down to St Martin next month for our annual visit. Last year a health food store opened in Marigot on the main road across from the stadium near Bistro Nu. Does any one know if it is still open?

Does any know of a gym or exercise facility (hotel with exercise room) on the French side that will accept members for one month?

Thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Health food store
Posted by: Steve (199.223.154.---)
Date: December 19, 2001 09:32AM

Do you mean a vegetarian restaurant called Le Cordon Vert? If so, they closed at the end of summer 2000. It was very good, by the way. Charles said he was moving to either Guadaloupe or Martinique. I'm curious where he ended up as we lost touch. Over by Simpson Bay Yacht Club is a place called Top Carrot which is good for mostly veggie sandwiches, fresh fruit drinks, good pastries & coffee, and supplies.

Posted by: bernard (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: December 19, 2001 07:00PM

yes the bistro nu is still open , the cordon vert is close
yes top carrot is the best place of the island for health food
The Meridien have exercise room
Paris bistro- bernard

Posted by: MDS (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 20, 2001 11:01AM

I am looking for information about a health food store, not a restaurant. My recollection is that a health food store (sells vitamins, organic foods, etc) opened last year. If it is still open it will save me bringing a lot of food stuff.

The store is near the stationery store around the corner from Bistro Nu. I know of the stores in Philipsburg and Maho but I choose not to go to those areas.
Thanks for your help.

Posted by: KZ (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 05:53AM

To answer this question a few years late...there is a nice health good store called Bioman along the big seaport in Marigot. They had everything I was looking for! It is at the end of the line of restaurants and shops near the cemetery.

Does anyone know of a health food store (not restaurant) on the Dutch Side?

Thanks.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2008 08:27AM

If you live here, you should know where the health food stores are. shouldn't you? LOL
There is one in Simpson Bay. There are 2 I think in Philipsburg, and there used to be one in Maho too..I'm not sure if it is still there.

Posted by: Ted (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: August 28, 2008 09:02PM

Hi, I just moved to the island yesterday and found BioMan. Where are these other stores in Simpson Bay and Philipsburg? What are they called?
Thanks,

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 29, 2008 09:19AM

Well this is a very old topic who's still coming back up, I beleive the question has already been asked and answered and a simple google search will give the exact adresses and location.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |