The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Immagration
Posted by: flowers (---.scr.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 11, 2007 10:28AM

Does anyone that resides on Island know the way to reach airport immagration??
I have been hearing that they will be cracking down on those that stay longer than 90 days on Island...
We have owned a home since 1987, and want to become residents, but hear horror storys about how to go about this,,, In the meantime, we will and must stay longer than designated limit!!!! We need to contact someone in regards to this problem... We are in no possition to spend hours on lines that may not get us anywhere... Is there an alternative to this?? thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Immagration
Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2007 11:11AM

There is a lot of talk about this topic and a website...go to
www.traveltalkonline.com

Posted by: Flowers (---.scr.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 11, 2007 03:07PM

If I had wanted to go to that message board, I would have... I think that the regulars on the board are not very informed on St.M. issues... I had hoped, that I could find a board that had more knowledge, rather than a few that go there once or twice a week a year!!!! If you do or can not help, than can you advise on a message board that has people that frequent the Island, and have important issues to discuss??? If not, guess that would be a very useful board. Thanks

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 11, 2007 03:13PM

actually Flowers the TTOL members are very informed. and I believe the TTOL board is the most popular and largest message board for the island.

This issue affects many of the members there and they have been doing their homework, trying to find out more about the new policy.
I think you would find it very informative to read the posts there.

as far as reaching Immigration, that is almost impossible.e They often do not answer their phone and to get someone who really knows what the policy is and how and if it will be enforced??..well, I wouldn't know who to tell you to turn to. sorry

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |