The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

OBBR
Posted by: Kris (66.155.160.---)
Date: May 20, 2006 04:34PM

We will be staying at the OBBR. Does anyone know if there is a grocery store (name?) nearby that is reasonable priced?

Also, Has anyone tried the JADE Restaurant at the OBBR? If so how was the food, service, and price?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OBBR
Posted by: Sammy 01 (---.agstme.adelphia.net)
Date: May 21, 2006 07:13PM

There is a small grocery store right at the entrance to Oyster Bay, Barefoot Terrace, with basic provisions, beer, wine, etc and excellect croissants for breakfast. There is alos a small grocey on the French side just beyond Captain Olivers...very small but good for basics. If you need much I would suggest a drive to Sang's for Grand Marche.

Jade is no more at Oyster Bay...not necessarily a bad thing as the food was mediocre. We had lunch at the new place and lunch was fine but not sure I would have dinner as there are great places to choose from in the area. While we didn't go there I have seen excellent reviews of Tabby Kadah (sp).It is less than a mile away near Captain Olivers...(Good point of reference). Beau Beaus was good for lunch and had several specials on different nights and is located right at the resort on Dawn Beach.

Sam

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2006 07:26PM

while there, try Daniel's By the Sea. It is Mr. Busby's during the day.. at night they put out tablecloths and fancy silverware and it turns into a lovely Italian restaurant.
If you are fmailiar with Da Livio's in philipsburg, it is the same menu and the same staff and it is fabulous

Posted by: Robert H. (---.sip.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 20, 2006 03:27PM

Will be headed to the Island for our 7th trip next month. We have been a a lot of different times but never in July. Could someone give us a brief update on the weather... as far as rainfall

Posted by: lynn (199.231.28.---)
Date: June 21, 2006 07:49AM

We have been going to the Island for the past 15 years in July for two weeks. It almost alway Hot and sunny, thank god for the island breeze. ENJOY! Where will you be staying?

Posted by: Robert H. (---.sip.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 21, 2006 03:50PM

Thanks lynn. We will be staying at OBBR. I am realyy looking forward to it as we have not stayed there before. I have stayed a few odd nights at Captian Oliver's for a night or two on extended visits and am very familar with that part of the island as well as Oyster Bay

Posted by: Will McClark (---.35-65.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 07, 2006 02:11PM

Can someone give me very specific directions from the OBBR to the nearest large full-service grocery store? I am a first-time visitor to the island.

Also - can someone recommend nearby "must-see" day-trips? Thanks

Posted by: mcinnamon (---.ded.ameritech.net)
Date: July 12, 2006 06:04PM

Will,

When you get settled in at OBBR, go to the activities desk and check out the various day trips and excursions. There are many to choose from and not all will interest you. The people there can give you good descriptions of each option.

Anyone there can give you directions to a full service grocery. You're better off getting to OBBR before going for groceries, as stopping on the way from the airport is risky if you leave luggage unattended while shopping.

mc

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |