English Harbour #034
English Harbour, Antigua - 6 bedroom villa
Luxury villa rental in English Harbour with pool, offering wonderful views over Falmouth Harbour. The beach of Pigeon is located at a short walk distance from the villa.
On the top of a quiet road that connects the heart of English Harbour to Pigeon Beach, the Villa is a splendid retreat with all comforts you can need. The views are amazing: blue waters, green hills, the Harbour with its yachts.
The villa includes: six bedrooms, six bathrooms, living room, open studio, dining rooms, spacious kitchen, outdoor gazebo with lounge areas, expansive deck area, private panoramic pool, lounge chairs, BBQ area overlooking the Caribbean Sea. There is also a separate cottage used as a fitness space with technological Gym equipment.
- Location: English Harbour
- Pool: yes
- The villa is ideal for large families or group of friends as it accommodates up to 14 guests in six in-suite bedrooms. Four bedrooms are situated on the main house, they are decorated with elegant furnishing.The other two bedrooms are in a separate and independent area. All the bedrooms have A/C, ceiling fan and Wi-Fi Internet.
Bedroom 1– Main house – 2 twin beds, bathroom with shower, ceiling fan, A/C
Bedroom 2 – Main house – 2 twin beds, A/C, ceiling fan, garden view
Bedroom 3 – Main house –1 queen size bed , bathroom with shower, A/C, ceiling fan
Bedroom 4 – Main House – 1 king size bed, bathroom with shower, A/C, ceiling fan, sea view and a door window with a private big open patio overlooking the marina
Bedroom 5 – Independent – 1 twin bed and 1 queen size bed, bathroom with shower, A/C, private entrance
Bedroom 6 – Independent – 1 twin bed and 1 queen size bed, bathroom with shower, A/C, private entrance
- Kitchen, Living Rooms
- The kitchen is located at the maim entrance of the villa. It is a fully equipped kitchen with professional equipments such as dishwashers, refrigerator, freezer, professional oven and microwave, and small appliances and utensils. There is also an American bar to have breakfast or simply for work in the kitchen. The living area is a mixture of New England and Asian styles; elegantly furnished and includes comfortable sofas set, armchairs, coffee table. There is a separate study area with an ever-expanding library.
- Veranda, Dining Room, Pool, Lounge Areas
- Outdoor living and relaxing time will make up a great part of your stay at this holiday home. The villa offers you an outdoor living setting furnished with comfortable furniture, while admiring breath taking panoramic views of the Harbour and its yachts. The veranda is home to a large professional grade BBQ grill & bar. The outdoor dining area comprises a round wooden table with comfortable chairs. There are lounge chairs and sofas with coffee table all around. The swimming pool is round and equipped with umbrella and beach chairs.
- Enjoy a relaxing massage in the comfort of your private room. Beautician who offers a variety of services is also available. Our concierge can book these services at the villa for you, early booking is required.
Power: Both 110V and 220V 60 Hz are available.
Six bedrooms – Max 12-14 Guests
Housekeeper service / Small Laundry service (dry cleaning not available) / Ground keeper and pool maintenance
Outdoor dining area with BBQ
Private swimming pool and lounges chairs , Fitness room
All utilities, local telephone calls and Wi-Fi Internet incl. - Cable TV - DVD Player -I-pod Docking Station
A/C in all the bedrooms
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.
- Nearest Beaches:
The closest beaches to the villa are Pigeon Point and Galleon Beach. Pigeon Point is at a short walk distance away. The beach is lovely, with calm water, crowded with tourist in high season. It houses the famous Catherine's Café Plage Restaurant and the Bumpkins Beach Bar and Restaurant. Galleon Beach is at about 10 minute drive from the villa. The beach is also nice with calm water located at Freeman's Bay, at the heart of the National Park. It is a good spot to snorkel since there is a reef of 75ft. A short hike to the left of the bay will take you to the Pillars of Hercules, a natural geological rock formations carved by wind, rain and the sea. On the beach there is a characteristic restaurant that serves delicious meals named Roxy Bar & Restaurant. Rendezvous Beach is at about 15 minute drive and it is considered one of the most beautiful, unspoiled beaches on island. As the road that leads to it is undeveloped, it is often deserted and a 4x4 vehicle is necessary to go there.
- More general area info on nearby sights, restaurants, nightlife, etc. below.
Weekly rates 3 bedr. 6 bedr. May 21 - August 31: $ 8,400 $ 9,450 November 1 - May 20: $10,500 $11,550 Peak Season*: $15,750 $15,750 *Peak Season: Christmas, New Year, All Sailing Events Sailing Events: Charter Boat Show - 3-11 December 2017 Rorc 600 - 17-25 February 2018 Classic Week 17-27 April 2018 Sailing Week - 28Th April To 6Th May 2018Villa Location:
- About English Harbour
- English Harbour, a natural harbour and historical settlement on the southern tip of the island of Antigua, is a major boating centre, especially adapted to yachting. There are two sheltered deep-water harbours nearby: English Harbour itself and Falmouth Harbour. English Harbour is best known for Nelson’s Dockyard, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where Admiral Horatio Nelson found natural protection for his fleet. This former British Navy base is now considered to be the only working Georgian dockyard in the world. English Harbour is a major sailing hub of the Caribbean, with many world-renowned regattas taking place here every year. The most active period for the Harbour is November to May annually when those with a passion for yachting or sailing have the chance to participate in any one of the island’s events, including the following:
• Antigua Charter Yacht Show: early December
• Superyacht Challenge: late January /early February
• R.O.R.C. 600 Caribbean: mid February
• Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta: April
• Antigua Sailing Week: late April/early May.
- Nearest Restaurants and Night LIfe
- When the sun has set and the stars begin to shine, the curtain can rise on the evening’s entertainment, especially during the winter months when the island is at its busiest.
Above the harbour, at Shirley Heights, are the partially restored fortifications of the harbour's colonial observation post. The view from Shirley Heights extends out over the harbour and far across the Caribbean to Montserrat and Guadeloupe. Everyone heads here on Sundays. The party begins as the sun sets and the steel band sound fills the air, followed by the exciting energy of reggae and soca live music. Barbequed food is available to soak up some of those rum punches. The steel band also plays on Thursday nights from 4pm. Shirley Heights can be reached via Lookout Trail, a nature walk that departs from Galleon Beach through a forest of trees. Descending the trail is not advisable after dark or barbecue revelry.
Catherine’s Café, located on Pigeon Beach (one of the most fabulous beaches in Antigua) has always been a favourite lunch destination for ‘those in the know’ looking to enjoy great French cuisine and fine wines in good company. Catherine’s is also open Wednesday and Friday evenings.
Pillars, one of The Admiral’s Inn restaurants, is located in the history-seeped Nelson’s Dockyard. The waterfront setting is traditional and has a view of the Powder Magazine and Pillars’ sister restaurant Boom, easily accessed by boat service between the two. Both restaurants offer laid-back quality lunch and dinner fares.
Cloggy’ s, located upstairs at the Marina, has a great yacht club atmosphere and a great view of the sailing and motor yachts anchored in the Marina. Generous portions, dieters beware. The bar scene is very lively.
Abracadabra, in English Harbour, transforms from an elegant Italian restaurant in the early evening to a pulsating outdoor nightclub later on. A variety of DJs lead the crowd to dance under the stars. This is a busy bar during the winter with fair priced drinks and friendly staff. Occasional live performances by worldwide known artists are the cherry on the cake.
South Point, located in Falmouth Harbour, takes its inspiration from Asian, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. South Point’s restaurant offers an eclectic mix of authentic flavours. In keeping with its cosmopolitan character, the South Point dining experience is the perfect combination of international taste and local flavour. There is also a sushi bar.
Sun Ra, as seen from the road side, is an unassuming Caribbean wooden house set in a pretty garden lit up by dancing lights in the trees. Once you head through the wooden gate, and as you round the corner onto the gallery your senses are sent into overload: aromas of fresh cooked food from the kitchen, the warm and calming effect created by the lighting and the stunning views of the harbour on which the restaurant is located.
Rum Baba is a busy Mediterranean Bistro situated in a prime position on the main road through English Harbour and directly opposite Falmouth Harbour Marina with all of its superyachts. This place run by an Italian woman, and a French chef serves lunch and dinner in a pretty, relaxed atmosphere.
Famous Mauro is located just past Cobb’s Cross junction. Mauro is a skilful Sardinian pizzaiolo. His restaurant has a simple open-air terrace; the pizzas are perfectly cooked in a wood oven, and the atmosphere is relaxed.
- About English Harbour