English Harbour #028
English Harbour, Antigua - 10 bedroom villa
A stunning property located at the heart of English Harbour, offering views over the harbour. It comprises of a stunning 4 bedrooms villa, 2 apartments and 2 cottages, in Balinese style architecture. The property comfortably accommodates large groups of guests and it is the ideal accomodation for Antigua Sailing events.
English Harbour is located on the south coast of the island, and offers something for all ages. The activities available nearby include scuba diving, fishing tours, boat rentals, sailing, tennis and horseback riding. Numerous restaurants, bars and clubs are located at English Harbour. The beaches of Pigeon, Galleon and Rendezvous are located on the south coast.
The property includes:
Mediterranean Apartments: Located at the lower level of Dockyard View villa, these two apartments are spacious, each with private bathroom with open sky shower, private veranda with open-air Kitchenette. These apartments have separate entrances and could be co-joint via a sliding door or be key locked.
Asian Cottages Apartments: Located on one side of the villa, there are 2 cottages in hard wood, each containing two apartments with separate entrance, that can be co-joint via a sliding door or be key locked. They have private open sky garden / bathroom with shower and private veranda with open-air Kitchenette.
- Location: English Harbour
- Pool: The swimming pool is flanked by both a wooden and a tile decks where lounge chairs are placed to bask under the Caribbean Sun.
- All bedrooms of this Caribbean holiday retreat are sophisticated and elegantly furnished. They offer private bathroom, ceiling fan and A/C, safe, own veranda and / or balcony. All the beds are 4 posts king size beds. If necessary extra single beds can be added in selected bedrooms at an extra fee.
Dockyard View Villa: 4 Bedrooms - King size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, mosquito net, TV, radio, ipod docking station, safe, en-suite bathroom with open sky shower - seaview
Mediterranean Apartments - main house ground floor: 2 Bedrooms - King size bed, A/C, mosquito net, outdoor Kitchenette, TV, Radio, iPod docking station, en-suite bathroom with open sky shower - garden view
Asian Cottage 1 - cottage in the garden: 2 Bedrooms - King size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, mosquito net, TV, Radio, iPod docking station, safe, ensuite Bathroom with open sky shower, private Patio with Kitchenette, Daybed and Table for 2 - garden view
Asian Cottage 2 - cottage in the garden: 2 Bedrooms - King size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, mosquito net, TV, Radio, iPod docking station, safe, ensuite Bathroom with open sky shower, private Patio with Kitchenette, Daybed and Table for 2 - garden view
- Living Room and Internal Dining Room:
- This superb villa has two main entrances, one located at the opposite side of the other. One entrance is located by passing through a veranda overlooking Nelson's Dockyard and furnished with sofa sets, while the other entrance is situated through the garden. Both entrances lead on to the living and dining room. The living room is furnished with sofas, coffee table, flat screen TV, Stereo, DVD player and other pieces decorate the area. The internal dining room has a rectangular table seating up to 16 guests.
- The modern fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances is ideally equipped to cater for generous parties and events. The fittings of the kitchen are of highest quality, made in Italy.
- Both 110V and 220V 60 Hz are available, as well as European standard electrical sockets.
Housekeeper service / Ground keeper and pool maintenance
Caribbean Sea View - Indoor & Outdoor dining areas / Private swimming pool and lounges chairs
All utilities, local telephone calls and Wi-Fi Internet, Cable TV and Stereo
A/C in the bedrooms
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.
- Nearest Beaches:
The closest beach to the villa is Pigeon Beach, at about 5 minute drive, very popular during high season and Sailing Events. It houses the famous Catherine's Cafe Restaurant. Galleon Beach is at about 10 minute drive from the villa, a nice calm beach located at Freeman's Bay, at the heart of the National Park. It is a good spot to snorkelling since there is a reef of 75ft. A short hike to the left of the bay will take you to the Pillars of Hercules, a natural geological rock formations carved by wind, rain and the sea. On the beach there is a characteristic restaurant that serves delicious meals. Rendezvous beach is about 20 minute drive from the villa, it is considered one of the most beautiful, unspoiled beaches on island. As the road that leads to it is not well maintained, it is often deserted and a 4x4 vehicle is necessary to reach it.
- More general area info on nearby sights, restaurants, nightlife, etc. below.
Weekly rates 1 bedr.+ 1 bedr.++ 4 bedr.+++ 10 bedr. May 21 - August 31: $ 1,925 $ 2,275 $19,600 $26,950 November 1 - May 20: $ 2,625 $ 3,850 $25,600 $36,750 Peak Season*: $36,750 $36,750 $36,750 $36,750 + Asian Cottages Apartments ++ Mediterranean Apartments +++ Dockyard View Villa *THE VILLA IS AVAILABLE ONLY AS A WHOLE PROPERTY DURING: BOAT SHOW, XMAS & NEW YEAR, SUPERYACHT CHALLENGE, R.O.R.C. 600, CLASSIC REGATTA & SAILING WEEKVilla Location:
- About English Harbour
- English Harbour, a natural harbour and historical settlement on the southern tip of the island of Antigua, is a major boating centre, especially adapted to yachting. There are two sheltered deep-water harbours nearby: English Harbour itself and Falmouth Harbour. English Harbour is best known for Nelson’s Dockyard, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where Admiral Horatio Nelson found natural protection for his fleet. This former British Navy base is now considered to be the only working Georgian dockyard in the world. English Harbour is a major sailing hub of the Caribbean, with many world-renowned regattas taking place here every year. The most active period for the Harbour is November to May annually when those with a passion for yachting or sailing have the chance to participate in any one of the island’s events, including the following:
• Antigua Charter Yacht Show: early December
• Superyacht Challenge: late January /early February
• R.O.R.C. 600 Caribbean: mid February
• Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta: April
• Antigua Sailing Week: late April/early May.
- Nearest Restaurants and Night LIfe
- When the sun has set and the stars begin to shine, the curtain can rise on the evening’s entertainment, especially during the winter months when the island is at its busiest.
Above the harbour, at Shirley Heights, are the partially restored fortifications of the harbour's colonial observation post. The view from Shirley Heights extends out over the harbour and far across the Caribbean to Montserrat and Guadeloupe. Everyone heads here on Sundays. The party begins as the sun sets and the steel band sound fills the air, followed by the exciting energy of reggae and soca live music. Barbequed food is available to soak up some of those rum punches. The steel band also plays on Thursday nights from 4pm. Shirley Heights can be reached via Lookout Trail, a nature walk that departs from Galleon Beach through a forest of trees. Descending the trail is not advisable after dark or barbecue revelry.
Catherine’s Café, located on Pigeon Beach (one of the most fabulous beaches in Antigua) has always been a favourite lunch destination for ‘those in the know’ looking to enjoy great French cuisine and fine wines in good company. Catherine’s is also open Wednesday and Friday evenings.
Pillars, one of The Admiral’s Inn restaurants, is located in the history-seeped Nelson’s Dockyard. The waterfront setting is traditional and has a view of the Powder Magazine and Pillars’ sister restaurant Boom, easily accessed by boat service between the two. Both restaurants offer laid-back quality lunch and dinner fares.
Cloggy’ s, located upstairs at the Marina, has a great yacht club atmosphere and a great view of the sailing and motor yachts anchored in the Marina. Generous portions, dieters beware. The bar scene is very lively.
Abracadabra, in English Harbour, transforms from an elegant Italian restaurant in the early evening to a pulsating outdoor nightclub later on. A variety of DJs lead the crowd to dance under the stars. This is a busy bar during the winter with fair priced drinks and friendly staff. Occasional live performances by worldwide known artists are the cherry on the cake.
South Point, located in Falmouth Harbour, takes its inspiration from Asian, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. South Point’s restaurant offers an eclectic mix of authentic flavours. In keeping with its cosmopolitan character, the South Point dining experience is the perfect combination of international taste and local flavour. There is also a sushi bar.
Sun Ra, as seen from the road side, is an unassuming Caribbean wooden house set in a pretty garden lit up by dancing lights in the trees. Once you head through the wooden gate, and as you round the corner onto the gallery your senses are sent into overload: aromas of fresh cooked food from the kitchen, the warm and calming effect created by the lighting and the stunning views of the harbour on which the restaurant is located.
Rum Baba is a busy Mediterranean Bistro situated in a prime position on the main road through English Harbour and directly opposite Falmouth Harbour Marina with all of its superyachts. This place run by an Italian woman, and a French chef serves lunch and dinner in a pretty, relaxed atmosphere.
Famous Mauro is located just past Cobb’s Cross junction. Mauro is a skilful Sardinian pizzaiolo. His restaurant has a simple open-air terrace; the pizzas are perfectly cooked in a wood oven, and the atmosphere is relaxed.
- About English Harbour