Lurin, St.Barts - 3 bedroom villa
UNIQUE ! The villa Mexicaine is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, built in the seventies by Miles Reinke, former owner of the Castelets, with Mexican materials and by Mexican workers in a traditional Mexican hacienda design. It has later been owned by the Russian Ballet dancer, Misha Baryshnikov. Hand made brick and terracotta, arched ceilings give the rooms both volume and a great acoustic sound, the thick walls contain the water cisterns keeping the rooms cool, large arched wooden doors let the air circulate freely throughout the villa.
Perfect for a relaxing vacation in a magnificent and very private villa !
2012 NEWS : The property has been renovated and refurbished with items totally respecting the villa original design and spirit, to offer you the finest comfort for an unforgettable vacation in this so Unique place : new Oscar de La Renta curtains, high quality linen, towels, beach and pool towels, bathrobes, new lights, new mattresses, La Ligne de St Barth welcome products.
- Location: Lurin
- View: Hillside and Ocean View
- Pool: Charming heated swimming pool with view on St Jean. Wrought iron lounge chairs with thick cushions invite you to relax on the terracotta tiled terrace around the pool. You may decide to enjoy a drink in the shade of the gazebo overlooking the valley, St Jean bay and the ocean.
- Bedroom 1 - Main floor: Garden view, 4 poster double bed, air-conditioning, mosquito screens, hifi. En suite bathroom with Mexican hand-painted tiles, concealed Victorian style toilets, shower, 2 wash basins, hair dryer, towels and beach towels.
Bedroom 2 - Main floor: Garden view, 2 twin beds (can be prepared as a king on request), air-conditioning, mosquito screens, safe.
Bedroom 3 - Mezzanine: The unique access to this romantic bedroom is up a ladder. Double bed with mosquito net, CD player, sitting area and one of the very few fireplaces on St. Barths (No air conditioning). Bedrooms 2 and 3 are sharing the same bathroom across the hall from bedroom 2, with Mexican hand-painted tiles, concealed Victorian style toilets, shower, 2 wash basins, hair dryer, towels and beach towels.
- The spacious living room features an arched shape high brick ceiling which gives an incredible acoustic to enjoy some music. Big pale grey-blue sofa and white chairs. There is an area to play chess by the library, a desk and a piano. Wooden arched doors leading on to the terrace. Surround sound system in the living and by the outside terrace around the pool.
The dining room is at the entrance, with a large rectangular wood table for 6 guests. Another dining area is available on the terracotta tiled terrace, with a round wrought iron table with white, yellow and blue tiles.
- Small but well appointed lovely kitchen with Mexican hand painted tiles. Equipped with a gas stove and oven, fridge and freezer, dishwasher (soon), microwave, toaster, coffee machine, blender, electric kettle, fruit squeezer. Service for 8. Beautiful handmade stone gas barbecue on the terrace.
- Bocce Court:
- Bocce court (Pétanque) by the green lawn area at the end of the terrace.
- CD player, Child friendly, DVD player, Heated pool, Ipod dock, Pet friendly, Safe, Surround sound system, Telephone, US Satellite, WIFI
- Car parking for 3 cars. Children older than 5 are welcome, small pets are accepted
Bigger pictures can be found on another page.
- Nearest Beach: Gouverneur
- Gustavia: 5 min.
- Airport: 10 min.
- Restaurants: 1 min.
- Grocery: 1 min.
- Gouverneur beach: 4 min.
Weekly rates (excl. 15% government tax and service): 3 bedr. April 15 - December 14: $ 7,500 December 15 - April 14: $ 9,500 Christmas/New Year's: $18,000 A 10% service charge will be added to all rates. All villa prices are subject to an additional 5% Accommodation Tax. Rates are based on 2 guests per bedroom. Above rates are subject to change without any prior notice. 14 nights for Christmas / New Year's Eve
Bigger pictures can be found on another page